*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/905024-Science-as-a-Myth
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#905024 added February 20, 2017 at 5:53am
Restrictions: None
Science as a Myth
"Science as a Myth

Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs

Just what it says

** Image ID #2112408 Unavailable **

Just what it says

The Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for February 20, 2017 is "Myths are public dreams, dreams are private myths." Joseph Campbell What is your opinion of this statement? Or write a myth about something that is going on in the world or your life. If you want write a myth about your favorite pet or stuffed animal."

I think I would have to agree with Campbell on this one. Myths are public dreams and dreams are private myths. However some private myths come true as do some public dreams. It depends on how willing we are to work toward making them a reality. One public dream that will never come true is world peace. Jesus predicted that we would "hear of wars and rumors of wars" in Matthew 6 so world peace is a fantasy.

Global warming is another fantasy. The earth is merely at the peak of of its 276 year cycle through the galaxy with the rest of the solar system and thus is drawn a little closer to the sun, according to a NASA report. It's very natural for it to warm up but as we cycle away we'll be plunged back into the deep freeze and people will think another ice age is coming, which never happened in the first place except in the fantasies of scientists. I mean none of these things they claim are millions of years old could possibly be millions of years old because the natural resources far under them are much younger. Carbon 14 is a radioactive form of carbon. Like any radioactive substance it decays. The rate of decay is called a half-life. The half-life or rate of decay until the carbon 14 is half way gone is 5,730 years. This is a scientific fact. If the half-life is 5, 730 years then the life of the carbon 14 can be no more than double that , which is 11, 460. Since carbon 14 is found in coal and oil, which are far below these "millions of year old" rocks and stuff then the rocks and stuff obviously aren't as old as they claim. They're fantasizing or living in a myth.

Signature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill Awards

218143218143

© Copyright 2017 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/905024-Science-as-a-Myth