*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/905560-Serenity
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#905560 added February 27, 2017 at 12:11am
Restrictions: None
Serenity
"Serenity

Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs

My Blog signature

Pencil signature

Just what it says

The Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for February 27, 2017 is "“Why are you so enchanted by this world, when a mine of gold lies within you?” – Rumi Use this quote to inspire you entry today. Write whatever your thoughts are on this subject."

While I believe Rumi practiced a religion that I don't believe in, I have to agree with him on this point. Each of us has a gold mine within us if we simply access it. That gold mine is our soul. Mine was blocked and dead for many years. Then I got tired of living like I was and began to do something about it. I took some responsibility for me and began cleaning up my mess. Part of doing the right thing means you become willing to make amends to those you have harmed and you begin to put the needs of others ahead of your own. It's called love and when you give it away it triples in yourself. It's a paradox how that happens but it works every time.Are you having a bad day? Go help somebody else expecting nothing in return! You'll walk away feeling much better! God wasn't stupid when He wrote the Bible. He knew that following His advice was the key to serenity!

Signature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill Awards

218143218143

© Copyright 2017 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/905560-Serenity