*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
6
7
8
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/906018-Who-Hears-You-When-You-Scream
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#906018 added March 4, 2017 at 6:35pm
Restrictions: None
Who Hears You When You Scream?
Blog 03/04/2017 Creation Saturday!


Merit Badge in Supportive
[Click For More Info]

Thanks for the thoughts, support, love, friendship, space, comfort, and so much more right now. Can't thank you enough. *^*Heart*^*

Who hears you when you scream?

Lill was sitting at the kitchen table sipping a hot cup of Cinnamon White tea. It was quiet now. There had been a raging snow storm only a half hour before; which she watched out the kitchen window as she washed the dishes. Lill always liked to watch the white in the air as the wind driven snow blotted every living thing from sight. Now, the wind had pushed the clouds to the west, the sky was clear and a hot evening sun was hanging on casting both sunshine and tree shadows across the white back yard. Even the early spring birds were singing to the sun encouraged by its sudden golden light after the storm.

As her mind wandered lazily, a sudden picture flashed through her sight. She heard a loud long scream. Lill was so startled out of her lackadaisical attitude that she stood up knocking the chair backwards. She reached out and steadied the object, turned and walked to the doorway of the living room.

She leaned against the door way molding. “Len, I heard it again.”

Len was sitting in his recliner watching his favorite football team lose another game. “Heard what Lill?”

“I heard that woman scream again.”

Len barely turned his head, maybe just an inch of movement in her direction. “Um, you did ?”

“Who do you think it is?”

“If I knew Len I wouldn’t refer to her as that woman.”

“Well if you don’t know who it is just ignore it. Probably just a memory of some story you read in one of those mysteries you read.”

“I don’t think so, I think it’s real.”

A commercial came on so Len turned toward Lill giving her his full attention. “That simply isn’t possible. I told you last night. There isn’t anyone else around here for twenty miles.”


“I heard her scream Len. I saw her I was awake.”

“OK. so wha’d she look like?” Len clasped his hand behind his head and leaned back in the chair, wishing the game would come back on.

“It was just a screaming woman’s face but she had short, short black hair.”

Len sighed a big exasperated sigh. “Even if it was real what could you do about it. You don’t seem to know who it is or where they are. Anyway, like I tole you there isn’t anyone near us for fifteen or twenty miles. Even then it’s Cortown. They got a small police force but they’d think you were crazy if you called them and told them. Leave it alone Lill.”

Just then the phone rang. Lill moved into the room to sit on the sofa. She picked up the receiver of the wireless phone sitting on the stand next to the arm of the sofa. “Hello. Janey! It’s so nice to hear from you. What?

Lill could hear Janey sobbing from the other end of the line. “Janey calm down tell me what the trouble is?”

“Everything is wrong here. I can’t take it anymore. My oldest went out the window Monday night stayed out all night and came home so drunk he couldn’t go to school Tuesday. Then, Clay was laid off again last week and we just got our finances straightened out from the last time he was laid off. Joy, my perfect A-student came home with all F’s on her report card. The teacher says she’s been skipping classes. Today I went to the hairdresser for a trim. She cut off all my hair real short while I was reading a magazine She was suppose to put highlights in my hair. Instead, I came home with totally black hair. I’m a red head Lill, I’m a red head. Clay was so mad when he saw my hair he took both the kids and went to his mom’s. He said he’s not coming back until my hair grows out and turns back to its natural color. I’ve been sitting on the floor of the kitchen screaming and crying for two days. Then I got out the Bible and read the second Psalm. I decided I would call you and see if you know what I should do?”

“Pack a bag Janey. Put a leash on the dog, turn off the water and electricity. It’s a long drive but Len and I will be there as quick as we can You're com’in home with us until we get this straightened out.”

“Len Janey needs us shut off the TV we gotta go now. “I’m hanging up now we’ll be there quick as we can.”"

“OK mom, don’t have an accident I couldn’t take another disaster right now. “

Len looked up as Lill was hurrying to put on her coat. I told you I saw a woman screaming Len you should have listened. “

“It was Janey?”

They left the house discussing the situation as they hurried away.

The End (We never know where fiction will take us.)


{link:"The sharing of joy, whether physical, emotional, psychic, or intellectual, forms a..." http://po.st/E1uORs via @BrainyQuote} Reference for the quote

© Copyright 2017 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/906018-Who-Hears-You-When-You-Scream