*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
6
7
8
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/906431-Telephone
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#906431 added March 10, 2017 at 12:09pm
Restrictions: None
Telephone
On this day in 1876, Alexander Graham Bell made the first successful call with the telephone. How much of a factor has the telephone (in all its forms) had in the difference between society now and 140 years ago?


Reference:

www.reference.com/history/telephone-changed-improved-lives-7d36a8589b8e02d1#

https://www.gilderlehrman.org/history-by-era/essays/rise-industrial-america-1877...



One Hundred forty years ago takes us to 1877. Alexander Graham Bell is given credit for inventing the telephone in the USA in 1876.

The last part of the 19th century saw large changes in society. It is considered a corrupt era.
After the civil war the country was involved with combining the North and South into one country. Political problems involving growth of corporate America, incorporating the black peoples into the society, women's suffrage, immigration and expansion of the country westward were part of the late 19th century.

The invention of the telephone changed communication within the country. It was a scientific invention that brought families together. Within business placing orders became easier and more accurate.

Before the telephone, communication was by mail or telegrams. Written corespondent of events could change between the time the writing took place and the time the written information was received. The telephone made face to face speaking possible over long distances. As it evolved it drew the West closer to the East and therefore united the country in a better way.

Today with the advent of 911 and WiFi society can be connected to help where ever they reside.

It started a new era of jobs and inventive ideas.

This book is a Hoot!








© Copyright 2017 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/906431-Telephone