*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/906540-March-12
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#906540 added March 12, 2017 at 6:11am
Restrictions: None
March 12
"March 12 Group signature. ** Image ID #2113629 Unavailable ** Just what it says

The 30 DBC prompt for March 12, 2017 is "Not gonna lie...I care more about the GIFs in this article than I care about the news contained in it, and it has been a major source of joy to me since I first read it Friday morning. So let me ask you this...if you were being interviewed on television for something of importance, how would you handle a situation where your thunder is about to get stolen by someone/something that has no relevance to the subject? *Laugh*"

I

would probably just laugh it off if it was a child stealing my thunder as was obviously the case here. Over time I have learned not to take myself too seriously. The fact of the matter is that not a whole lot of what I do today is going to make any difference 10 years from now anyway so why does it matter if somebody steals my thunder? Besides you have to admit, this was just too funny. The guy's in the middle of an interview and involves the whole family! More than likely the child knew more about the subject than he did anyway. Most talking heads only report their opinions. Maybe the child was there to say "Be objective Dad. If they wanted your opinion they'd ask for it!"

Blog City image small

The Blog City Prompt Forum prompt for March 12, 2017 is "A lot of celebrities, actors, musicians, and otherwise famous people died in 2016. Is there one you'll miss the most, or one who had any particular influence on any of your writing?"

N

o particular actor or celebrity ever made a lasting impression on me. Yes there are a few I will miss seeing perform but their deaths really don't effect me all that greatly. I have sympathy for their families but since I seldom watch television or movies and haven't listened to radio in nearly a year, the deaths of celebrities come and go without my notice. I did look up celebrity deaths to see who died that I might remember in 2016 and there were several. The most noticeable to me though was Dan Haggerty, best known for his role in the television series "Grizzly Adams". Due to his role with Gentle Ben I always wanted to move into the mountains and become a mountain man. The odd part is that I actually had opportunity to wrestle with Gentle Ben, the bear Haggerty acted with. I attended a state fair once many years ago and one of the attractions was wrestling with Gentle Ben. You paid five dollars and if you pinned him you won $1,000.00. Nobody was pinning this six hundred pound black bear though. He'd let you get him down after a few minutes and then he'd permit you to get one shoulder down. Once that happened it was curtains. He pushed up on you, held you in a literal bear hug, rolled you over, stepped to the side, and held you down with one paw while sniffing you to be sure he hadn't harmed you. It was one of the most exciting things I'd ever done. I know it wasn't the Gentle Ben of my childhood who would have been long gone by then, but it was the Ben of Grizzly Adams fame and that made it worthwhile not to mention a ton of fun.

Signature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill Awards

© Copyright 2017 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/906540-March-12