*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/907094-A-Beautiful-Spring-Day
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#907094 added March 18, 2017 at 3:25pm
Restrictions: None
A Beautiful Spring Day
What a beautiful spring like day! We have sunshine with just a few clouds, very little wind, and it's almost forty degrees already. The dumping of snow we received on Sunday is melting fast, the spring birds are back, and I seen a little bit of open water on the lake. The only down side to all this is work, which I have to get ready for shortly. But, even that isn't much of a down side since I work outside and it's beautiful out. A light jacket and sweatshirt should do just fine, especially since it's going to stay above freezing tonight.

I had Hannah, our dog out for a while earlier and looked to see what's wrong with my car. I hit a couple of huge snowdrifts Sunday and packed the entire engine compartment full of snow. I was surprised there wasn't any serious damage done after I thawed it out. The only two things I fond wrong are squeaking brakes and my speedometer quit working.

The brakes look fine and have plenty of wear left, so no idea why the squeak sometimes. Next week when I have more time I'll have to pull the tires off and look them over to see if something is caught up in the mechanism. As for the speedometer, it's kind of baffling. It's an older car and has a cable assembly to run the speedometer. The cable itself looks fine and it is secured properly to the transmission. I have noticed it quit working a few time over the winter, when we had extreme cold. The needle on the dash would climb and fall until things warmed up, then it would work fine.

I can't get at it without removing other items, so it will also have to wait until next week. It is either not engaging properly in the transmission or in the speedometer itself. With the cold making it malfunction, as well as the snow being packed around the transmission makes me think it's the transmission end that's messed up. I'm hoping for an easy fix, but may have to replace the cable itself. Being an older car, parts can be a bit difficult to find and I may have to order it online.


© Copyright 2017 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/907094-A-Beautiful-Spring-Day