*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/907219-March-20
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#907219 added March 20, 2017 at 11:10am
Restrictions: None
March 20
"March 20 Group signature. Just what it says ** Image ID #2113629 Unavailable ** }

The 30 DBC prompt for Monday March 20, 2017 is "Actor/Podcaster Michael Rapaport, born on this day in 1970, once said "I think if you go into something looking at people as better than you, if you give people too much respect, I don't think it benefits you or them." What's your take on this perspective? Have you ever been in a position where someone you've really looked up to has expressed admiration of your work as a writer?"

I

disagree with Michael. I believe we should always treat people with the utmost respect. I don't believe we should kneel to anybody but I do believe in treating people with respect. I was taught to treat others as I would want to be treated. I would want to be treated with respect.;y

There was one person who made a very positive impact on me as writer. That person was my dad. My dad and I were not close. It seemed nothing I could ever do pleased him and I finally quit even trying. So you can imagine the impact it had on me when he came home from work one night and asked me to read a paper he was holding. When I read it I saw that it was one of my stories. He had taken it to work and had his secretary type it so he could try to get it published. That meant so much to me, especially coming from the man I seemingly could not please.

Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs

The Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for March 20, 2017 is: "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not. Dr. Seuss Use this quote to inspire today's entry. Write a story, a poem, or your opinion."

I

agree with Seuss that unless I care enough to take action nothing is going to change. My small part of the world is just that, my small part of the world. However the whole world is like a mobile. If a change is made to one part of a mobile it changes the whole mobile. If I make a small change in my world, in even one small area then that change will change everything.

Blog City image small

The Blog City Prompt Forum prompt for Monday March 20, 2017 is "Totally different from the scientific and cosmic black holes, imagine your very own, fictional black hole. What would it be like? Describe it or use it in a flash fiction story or poem if you wish."

B

lack holes can be any number off things to any number of people. I suffer from bi-polar disorder and I have been so depressed it felt like I was in a black hole of hopelessness and despair. Another black hole that I often deal with is poverty. Poverty is an abject black hole that seems to have no cure and no end. Once it consumes you it doesn't matter what you do, it isn't going to change a whole lot. In fact it usually doesn't change at all. I am disabled so I haven't been capable of holding a regular job for years. I'm looking for work but I don't know what I will do with it once I find it. Chances are that my disability is going to interfere with my efforts to work. However Ii live on the same amount of money I barely scraped by on 12 years ago as i receive today. People who live on fixed incomes aren't meant to survive in this world. I believe that if the world had it's way the old and the disabled would all be taken out and destroyed. It just isn't practical for the world to do that.

Signature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill Awards

© Copyright 2017 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/907219-March-20