*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/907545-March-25
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#907545 added March 25, 2017 at 4:55am
Restrictions: None
March 25
"March 25 Just what it saysJust what it saysMy Blog signatureJust what it says

Group signature.

The March 25, 2017 prompt for 30DBC is "Expand on or finish up a dream you've had. If you woke up before it was over, how do you think it ended? If this isn't something that has happened to you lately, come up with a sequel to a recent dream.

T

his question isn't very well thought out but then it would be an okay question for most people I guess. I'm not most people though. I'm one of that small minority that suffers from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. One of the symptoms of PTSD is nightmares. So when I dream, which is thankfully not often any more, the dreams are very frightening. So this question sort of hits below the belt for me personally. However I want to answer the prompt so I will share my 'dreams" with you. There are a couple of incidents throughout my lifetime that have led to my having PTSD. One incident happened when I was a teenager. A man had a psychotic break and started shooting at me. He hunted us like animals until the state police intervened and he was arrested and hospitalized. Have you ever looked down the business end of a deer rifle expecting the bullet to kill you? it can be quite an adventure.
My other nightmare is about being a paramedic. I was called out to an accident scene. We rolled up and found a car with two adults in it, both severely hurt. We extricate them from the vehicle and begin treating them. The woman is talking incoherently and trying to get up. She manages to get the point across that somebody is missing. So I do another search of the vehicle and find the lifeless, mangled body of a five year old boy. Are these the dreams you wanted? They are nightly occurrences for me or they were up until the doctor started me on prazosin, an alpha blocker that prevents nightmares. Now my dreams are simply weird and usually lead up to the events that caused my PTSD but not the PTSD itself. So do us all a favor and don't ask about dreams again, okay? You may not like the answers.

Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs

The Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for Saturday March 25, 2017 is "It's Creation Saturday write something about a Dinosaur Breeder or a Rock Whisperer."

W{/dropcap{hat's with all these weird prompts today? I realize it's creation Saturday but come on. The 30 DBC prompt and this one are both far left field. So anyway here goes. I guess I'll have to write about a dinosaur breeder because I have no idea what a rock whisperer is. it almost sounds like something indigestible. So my dinosaur breeder is a complete idiot. Like anybody who would breed dinosaurs he doesn't have a lick of sense. He breeds all types of dinosaurs. He breeds the huge brontosaurus which then grows to be as long as a world war two aircraft carried and just as heavy. It causes the ground to shake when it walks. So our idiot friend finds himself a greasy spot when the brontosaurus steps on him. Of course if he survives his encounter with the brontosaurus our friend has to be concerned with the most intelligent, and deadly of the dinosaurs: the velociraptor. The raptor and it's friends gang up on our breeder and eat him alive. To be quite honest though I totally doubt the existence of dinosaurs anyway. if the did live it certainly wasn't 150 millions years ago because Earth hasn't been here that long. I believe dinosaurs may have existed but they either weren't what man thinks they were and man is putting the pieces together to suit himself or they are merely a hoax. Take your choice.

Blog City image small

The Blog City Prompt Forum prompt for today is "Funny hat, crazy shoes, weird handbag, dazzling hair - I'm so ready for this interview! It's creation Saturday, you tell us...."

I

don't know about this prompt either. I'm a 55 year old man. The weirdest hairdo I've ever had was whenI shaved my head andthe weirdest clothes I've ever worn is a tie die shirt. I guess I'm not very extravagant. Now we have a little boy at church with a weird hairdo.His head is completely shaved with the exception of the Mohawk in the middle. The Mohawk however isn't just a Mohawk. It's done up in spikes that are dyed orange. I personally think it looks absolutely ridiculous but then I'man old stick in the mud. The weirdest thing I've ever saw however was on social media. A man had a spider tattooed on his face. I mean it covered his entire face! Now I have three questions about that: one). What was he smoking? I want some of it. Two). Who is ever going to marry him or hire him. Can you imagine being a woman and having this giant foot wide arachnid leaning in to kiss you? Three). Where's my shoe so I can beat the spider to death! Better yet, giveme a hammer!
Signature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill Awards{/center)


© Copyright 2017 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/907545-March-25