*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/908304-A-State-Of-Grace
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#908304 added April 3, 2017 at 10:10pm
Restrictions: None
A State Of Grace
Blog City - Day 1116

Prompt: Leonard Cohen said, β€œA state of grace is that kind of balance with which you ride the chaos that you find around you. It’s not a matter of resolving the chaos, because there is something arrogant and warlike about putting the world in order.”
What is state of grace for you? Do you agree with both sentences in the quote, and do you think trying to put the world in order is arrogant and warlike?


Good quote given that Canada's JUNOs were last night and Leonard Cohen was remembered as a valuable member of our dynamic music scene.

Grace to me is a gift from God and being in a state of grace is like Cohen says a "kind of balance". The world is indeed a chaotic place. To find that balance, is to find sanity in the whirling dervish. Grace allows us to find our sense of peace within the overwhelming. It let's us take care with ourselves and with others as we navigate the world around us. We are all human. God's grace and mercy provide a way for us. And it is in us to share that same grace and mercy... and love with everyone else we encounter on our travels. God's light in this world.

Can the chaos be resolved? I don't believe it can be. We are too human. We may be able to make small changes to our own tiny piece of the hugeness of it all, but we cannot dominate.... and what we do, we do in love, not oppression.

Do I think it arrogant and 'warlike' to try to set the world in order? I am small in this world. I make my way because of God's Love, Mercy and Grace. To think I alone could be above that and have any control on anything bigger than my little corner of the world I live in, would be arrogant, for sure.

Would it be 'warlike'.... has me thinking that whoever thinks they could put order to it would be some kind of lunatic who wants to rule the world... and that just won't happen. Consider Hitler... and.... well.... that's all I want to say about that....

© Copyright 2017 πŸ’™ Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
πŸ’™ Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/908304-A-State-Of-Grace