*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/908890-April-11-2017
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#908890 added April 12, 2017 at 5:12am
Restrictions: None
April 11, 2017
{entry: Just what it says ** Image ID #2113629 Unavailable ** My Blog signatureImage for BCOF members to put in their blogsBlog City image small

I wanted to let everybody know that I'm having all kinds of Internet troubles.
I'm not sure what is going on. The company says my modem is showing 100% signal loss, whatever that means. A tech is coming tomorrow. During the meantime I'm using my phone's limited wifi.


Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs

The Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for Tuesday April 11, 2017 is "Write a story or journal entry influenced by a photograph."

T

here was a picture displayed at my dad's funeral. He was wearing Mom's nightgown. It had been a particularly crazy evening when that happened. It was Mom's birthday or something and Dad decided to treat her. She had been saying she needed a new nightgown so he bought her one. The night he presented it he came walking out of the bathroom wearing it. We all thought it was rip roaring funny except Mom. She looked at him really surprised and asked "Where'd you find that nightgown? I didn't know I had one like that."

He said "You didn't. I just bought it payday. I knew your birthday was coming up and wanted to treat you. I decided to model it for you."

"You need some slippers and a robe to go with it Dad. Even that won't make you any prettier."

I don't recall who took the picture. I know it got a lot of laughs at his funeral.

Blog City image small

The Blog City prompt for Tuesday April 11, 2017 is "What may be some of the ways a person might limit or unnerve oneself while dealing with his or her loved ones?"

O

ne way family members should limit themselves is in anger. I don't know how many times I have saw parents punish children and do so out of revenge as opposed to love. Revenge is done out of anger and is never limited or controlled. It is simply venting and is child abuse. The Bible says to never let the sun go down on your wrath. I know many reading this believe the Bible is an antiquated, obsolete book but truth never goes out of style. Never letting the sun go down on wrath was good advice then and remains so now. However we must also never use our wrath as a weapon to seek revenge. Limited responses done out of love are appropriate. Correcting a child is very appropriate. Getting angry and punishing to vent is never appropriate. It is bad for the victim and bad for the perpetrator. It sets a bad example and sets a bad pattern.


© Copyright 2017 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/908890-April-11-2017