*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
6
7
8
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/911267-A-Hot-Prompt
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#911267 added May 17, 2017 at 10:22am
Restrictions: None
A Hot Prompt
Holiday fireworks at being held at your house this year. Your Uncle Festus, who served time in prison for arson, will be in attendance. What do you tell your guests and family to look out for?

Arson: The criminal act of setting deliberate fires. Reference: Google search: also from this search; I learned that it is felony arson if the fire causes 500 dollars or more of damage. It's a first degree misdemeanor if damage is less than 500 dollars. Felony arson can carry a sentence of one to five years. Some of the causes can be profit based, anger, revenge, or mental disorders.

If we are dealing in reality, I hope the family knows Uncle Festus. During the invitation part of the event I would alert family who are familiar with Uncle Festus that he was going to be a part of the guest list. The fireworks display would be in the hands of someone who was professional about fireworks. They would be alerted to keep Uncle away from the fireworks setup. Family would be in charge of making Uncle Festus feel a part of other events and conversations.

I would not even include Uncle if he was not aware of the fireworks because it might be a part of his prison release that he not come into contact with anything that might set the world on fire. Besides, I better know a lot more about Uncle Festus before I invite him into my home. So, I would be on a first name basis and know all about his situation before the gathering.

This is all based on assumption and research. Because I personally don't know about any real relatives that are arsonists. The fires in this area are usually buildings. I have read about forest fires that are deliberately set.

The serial arsonist is the most difficult to apprehend because the evidence is burned up. Joseph Wambaugh
Read more at: {link: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/arsonist.html}



Merit Badge in Blogging
[Click For More Info]

Congratulations on taking 2nd Place in the July 2016  [Link To Item #30dbc] !


© Copyright 2017 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/911267-A-Hot-Prompt