*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
6
7
8
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/911717-Harvest-and-Sowing
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#911717 added May 25, 2017 at 10:52am
Restrictions: None
Harvest and Sowing
The Wildcard Round! Today's winner will get 5000 GPs!

One big thing versus lots of little things...take that in any direction you'd like.


Fairy playing a flute


Quote:Our deep respect for the land and its harvest is the legacy of generations of farmers who put food on our tables, preserved our landscape, and inspired us with a powerful work ethic. James H. Douglas, Jr.
Read more at: {link: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/harvest.html}

You have to look forward to a harvest. Even though, at the time of Memorial Day the days of summer still reel out before you like a road you haven't traveled yet. Harvest is the one big thing in this blog today.

I shopped for plants last week. I don't always get to plant as much as I want. My gardening skills are a bit on the hilarious side. Weeds are always a problem. I garden in beds it's suppose to work better than long boring rows. I'm planting vegetables this year as well as flowers. The little things in today's blog are 3 different kinds of tomatoes, cucumbers, 2 kinds of Hubbard squash, broccoli, cauliflower, red onions ( I planted these last year they did not grow. This year, last year's onion plants are up and growing exactly where they were planted last year. *Shock2* ) pansies, herbs: winter thyme, lavender, lemon mint and others, impatiens, a new yellow begonia, zucchini, parsnips, maybe peppers if I find some plants. plus I only have one variety of cucumber I need more. There are several beds to put plants in. I like vine squash, cucumber and zucchini because the leaves and vines running around other plants in the beds keep the weeds from growing. then you get to eat the yummy squash at the end of the season. Because of the beds being the size and shape they are I plant vegetables and flowers mixed up. Hopefully, in a symmetrical manner so they look liked it's planned.

Turning the dirt in the beds is done by hand with shovel and fork. This was the first year ever that caused me to wonder how many years I will be able to physically achieve this work. Also, this is an unusual year because I rarely plant until the first of June. We had all that warm weather in February which woke up the gardening urge early. I'm still working on one of the beds but most of the plants are in the ground and being watered regularly by spring rains. If the chipmunks don't get things, harvest should be fun and yummy.



Genesis 8:22 While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease. reference: American Standard, Logos International Study Bible

© Copyright 2017 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/911717-Harvest-and-Sowing