*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/913996-Creation-Saturday-Overcoming-Writers-Block
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#913996 added June 24, 2017 at 7:15pm
Restrictions: None
Creation Saturday: Overcoming Writers Block
Saturday, June 24, 2017

A leather
bughouse sounds
like a good title for a story.

The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for DAY 1681
It's Creation Saturday use these words to create your blog entry: hump, pure, moan, observer, dreamland, diary, negative, leather, bughouse.

Overcoming Writer's Block

On this triple digit day in Las Vegas, I sit at my computer attempting to push my muse over a hump of writers' block. I am tired, so that may be part of the cause. I don't want to lay down because it wouldn't do any good. I would just lay there and stare into space without getting any sleep. I think the best way to push creativity over this temporary bump is to open my YouTube account and listen to some Baha'i writings or prayers.


As I listen to the Long Healing prayer
my weariness melts away,
and my mind awakens to the voice of my soul.

Ideas rain upon my mind like the pure light of morning, falling through the crystal air of dawn. I continue to write as the video changes to the next song on the playlist. The song of the prayers reverberates through my mind, echoing from dendrite to axon, calming my thoughts with the tranquility of the Holy Spirit.

A hiccup,
moans of negative whispers,
attempt to interrupt the placidity of my thoughts
and scattered the ideas that are flowing from my subconscious mind.

Once my insistent self--the ego of my material body--realizes its pessimistic voice can't stop the flow of words and sentences in this diary entry, it becomes an observer. An observer waiting on the boarder of dreamland for the sun to set.

© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/913996-Creation-Saturday-Overcoming-Writers-Block