*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/914176-The-Boring-Life-And-Other-Miscellaneous-Thoughts
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #1254599
Exploring the future through the present. One day at a time.
#914176 added June 26, 2017 at 7:36pm
Restrictions: None
The Boring Life And Other Miscellaneous Thoughts
I've read multiple articles about how the best way to alleviate writer's block and keep readers coming back for more is to journal every day. It doesn't even matter what I write about, just write something, and post at least once a week.

All fine and dandy as far as ideas go, but most of what happens in my life is boring: Oh, look. It didn't rain again today. And I went to work. I sat at my desk for most of it, except when nature called. Then I went home, and enjoyed snuggling with my son (he's still young enough that he likes to sit in my lap. I don't turn him down, because those days are numbered). After that, I struggled with deciding whether or not to go to bed at 10pm or 11pm. I know, such a big decision there. How did I manage? It was difficult, I tell ya.

I can always appreciate (and feel twinges of jealousy), when other writers can make the mundane seem interesting and even humorous, whereas me, it's a rarity, and I have to work at it when I do give it a try.

One of our nieces is arriving tomorrow to stay with us for about three weeks. I'm looking forward to it, but at the same time, do I really want to subject her to three weeks of my ultra-boring life? The poor girl. Thankfully I'm still going to work while she's here, and my husband and son are far more entertaining than I am. That'll save her brain from turning into mush. I hope. If not, I'll blame it on hubby and son. Think that'll fly?

Originally I set the dates for her arrival so she'd be here during the 4th of July, since our town goes all-out with fireworks. We've never been to the city's fireworks show, because our neighbors do such a good job. With a severe drought this year, however, all fireworks have been banned. The last time that happened was in 2006. That was still kind of a neat year, because we heard and saw zero fireworks. Everyone abided by the ban, which in some places wouldn't happen; they'd take the chance that they wouldn't get caught. I expect the same silence this year, too.

I've narrowed my list of potential literary agents to fourteen. I wrote all their statistics (such as if they take simultaneous submissions, what to send along with a query letter, when to expect a response [if any], who they represent, and what types of books they've sold recently). The next step is to place them in order of which to solicit first. After that, structure my query and other items to submit to that particular agent. I'm hoping to start sending letters out the first week of July.

Assuming I don't find some way to procrastinate some more . . . Such as writing silly blog entries like this one.

© Copyright 2017 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/914176-The-Boring-Life-And-Other-Miscellaneous-Thoughts