*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/914473-Paint-Canada-emotions-and-remedy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #2086593
Daily scribbles on writing and living. How to get rid of cobwebs in my brain. CLOSED.
#914473 added July 1, 2017 at 12:52am
Restrictions: None
Paint, Canada, emotions and remedy
Hi, guys. I’ve had my holiday break so I will be concentrating on blogging again. And I’ve signed in for my first G.O.T. at WdC. I am already starting to feel the excitement. *Heart*

"30 Day Image Prompt Contest - CLOSED [13+]

30-Day Image Prompt.

My sister looking through paint. My sister is a painter. She made the most beautiful paintings in her early years. Today, she has some difficulties with painting again, since she has some personal problems, one of them is that she doesn’t have space in her house to paint. She has a really tiny house. But she is trying to do some sketching and tries to paint outdoors at a class in town. I really hope she is picking up again painting very soon since she was very good at it. And I love to see her fulfilling her potential again, I love her very much!



"30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS [13+]
July 1st is Canada Day...pick a Canadian celebrity, tell us what he or she is famous for, and tell us how they would fit in with what they do in your hometown. If you're Canadian, tell us what you enjoy most about your country that might not be as popular in other countries.

Philip Michael Ondaatje, (born 12 September 1943), is a Sri Lankan-born Canadian poet, novelist, editor and filmmaker. He is most famous for his movie The English Patient. I really loved that film. Ondaatje is the one Canadian I recognized from the list on Wikipedia. He has done a lot apparently for searching and fostering new Canadian writers. So he would fit in nicely in my hometown The Hague where I would try to persuade him to set up a think-tank for upcoming Dutch writers. We have a few writers’ festivals and film festivals in The Hague, he would fit in nicely.



*Right*Prompt: "If you intend to be of assistance, your eye is not upon the trouble but upon the assistance, and that is quite different. When you are looking for a solution, you are feeling positive emotion, but when you are looking at a problem, you are feeling negative emotion." ~ Abraham-Hicks. Does looking for a solution change make you feel differently than looking at the problem? Can you describe your emotions when looking for a solution versus looking at the problem? (BCoFs)

Yes, I definitely think there is a different emotion involved with looking at a problem or looking for a solution. My first intention will always be looking at the problem since that is in your face. It will stir up a lot of negative emotions, like feelings of inadequacy, hurt or dismay. But focusing on the solution will have positive feelings of hope, energy and such things. For example, I have a slight problem with my Achilles heel. It is hurting because I walked long distance footpaths for 6 days. I now have trouble walking and I am limping. My first reaction was very negative: I am limping, I am in pain, I cannot walk again this coming period, what about my new walking shoes, what about my plans for walking with my new love this coming month, etc. etc. I was feeling all grumpy and responded not well. But focusing on the solution, a friend helped me with taping in the Achilles heel so it would benefit while walking, and she encouraged me to not feeling sad again. My boyfriend told a story about a man with the same Achilles heel problems, who just took it easy for a while but finished the route to Compostella in Spain, nevertheless. Looking at a solution is so much more positive and filled with possibilities…it really lifted me up and took me out of my blues. I want to try to look at the solution more instead of looking at the problem. That’s better for my well-being.



*Right*Everybody has a home remedy for one thing or another. Let's discuss some of your favorites. Like for instance, I swear by gargling daily with warm salt water keeps you from catching colds. (BC)

When feeling a little under the weather I always try to make a grog. That is a lemon squeezed with hot water and a paracetamol. It helps all the time.


Petra & Arie


© Copyright 2017 WakeUpAndLive️~scary 2024 (UN: wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WakeUpAndLive️~scary 2024 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/914473-Paint-Canada-emotions-and-remedy