*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/915999-Really-This-is-a-kerfuffle
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#915999 added July 23, 2017 at 5:09pm
Restrictions: None
Really? This is a kerfuffle?
PROMPT: The Sunday News! British t.v. show,' Doctor Who', announced a woman would be taking over the main character's role for the first time in its history... naturally, men are upset... When are men gonna finally understand that everything isn't about them, and that they have to share things and realize women are just as capable as they are? Especially when it comes to acting....
          First of all, I must confess that I have never viewed this television program. Yes, to me it is Doctor Who? So, it has caused controversy? No, not something audiences/fans care about! Oh, the audacity, the sheer nerve of it all! How dare the show's writers and creators not follow the accepted script!
          I perused the accompanying article, and gleaned the following. 'Doctor Who' is a series about aliens from the planet Gallifrey. Okay, got it. Apparently, the Doctor is able to evolve, or shape-shift. It has already been established that these Time Lords can switch genders. So, it's not a bombshell falling from left field. The precedent was set, just not yet activated. There are only two sexes. and if the past Doctors were always males, why not stir things up and try something different?
          Sure, both men and women are capable of acting. No one has a monopoly. Either may be heroes, or villains. Think of the many comic book characters who are represented by both sides. There's a Superman and a Super Girl, although some would argue she did not get a mature name. Complaining men, get a grip. Aren't there more serious kerfuffles in this world?
          Er, um, just for the record, I do not agree that men have to share everything. I'd be pleased if they kept NASCAR, wrestling, farting gags and competitions, and lewd whistling to themselves.

© Copyright 2017 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/915999-Really-This-is-a-kerfuffle