*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/916417-Trump-again
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#916417 added July 30, 2017 at 11:39pm
Restrictions: None
Trump again?
PROMPT: The Sunday News! Trump again... How much force is enough to catch the average criminal? Trump okays use of more force by police.
          Really?? What is Trump's interpretation of average? Is there an average criminal? What are the guidelines for the police re this determination? Why advocate the use of any force? Not all criminals are armed, and in turn willing to use their weapons. Is this a return to the shoot first and ask questions later mentality? We'll sort it out later after the dust settles.
          I imagine in the heat and struggle of some arrests , violence is inevitable and unavoidable. Adrenaline is pumping, emotions surge. Police officers try to subdue. Sometimes, cops must protect themselves, or prevent worst escalations. It's a judgement call made on the spur of the moment, and it's reactionary.
          I'm not a law enforcement official. I have never experienced what they do. Yes, I believe there are times when they over react. Force begets more force, doesn't it?
          Should the police strong arm every person they apprehend? No. Cool heads can prevail. Negotiation and communication can work wonders. Yes, they require time and finesse, but they also generate less damage.

© Copyright 2017 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/916417-Trump-again