*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/916697-Caracas-Encore
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#916697 added August 3, 2017 at 7:55pm
Restrictions: None
Caracas Encore
Please note this early because I will be at a Poetry Slam in Philadelphia so please wait until after midnight, thanks

Aug 3rd-
We’re going to be picked up at the hotel for the morning adventure at 10:00am.
Half-Day Historical Tour of Caracas Start your tour in the historic center, from Plaza Bolívar, originally called Plaza de Armas. It adopted its current name in 1883 on the hundredth’s birthday of Simón Bolívar. The four corners that surround the plaza are occupied by important buildings of big historic relevance as the Caracas Cathedral, the Government Palace, the City Hall, the Yellow House and The Capitol (Congress of Venezuela).
We’re going here after the tour Plaza de Altamira Great view to the Ávila Mountain
This is one of my favorite places to see the Ávila un Caracas. It is an amazing place with old buildings and very close to great cafes and restaurants in Caracas to simply unwind a bit with a late lunch.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g316066-d318821-Reviews-Plaza_de_A...
Dinner is at the hotel or room service, rest up tomorrow will be a long day.
          DAY 3, still in Caracas...More time to explore..
{/justify          } I awoke still in Caracas.. Whew, the day begins with a noticeable increase in the temperature. Despite a refreshing shower, and summer garb, I am soon perspiring, or as my dear departed nanny used to say, I glowed. Perhaps I felt light as I partook of the hotel's breakie buffet. I couldn't help but smile in return to the friendly staff. Who could possible be grumpy after a cheerful, "Hola"? They are so gracious.
         
         Yes, I read the official travel advisories warning me about street violence, and pick pockets, but I refused to worry. It was a gloriously sunny day, and I was blessed to be a tourist. I figured being in a group provided protection. How could anything bad mar this day? I had smiles to exchange with everyone.
         Caracas certainly exudes charm and colour. It is so alive and vibrant. My eyes were only too eager to capture all the sights. I learned a little tidbit back at the hotel. Venezuela actually means Little Venice. I loved hearing the musical Spanish float on the breeze.
         The tall skyscrapers and constant vehicle traffic create quite a juxtaposition with the Avila mountains. Glass, steel, and concrete shine against an azure sky and green landscape. My son would be content, Pepsi is available here. The giant corporate symbol cannot be unseen.
         The plazas and parks are gorgeous with lush greenery, bright flowers, statuary, and fountains. Obviously, Venezuelans are proud of their green spaces.
          Plaza Altamira is all bustle. This reminds me of a wealthy neighbourhood. My nose tingled with tantalizing fragrances. It soon led me to discover a lovely café with delicious coffee. I was content to relax and observe. Children all over the world giggle, skip, and shout. They are so exuberant. People gather to converse. Soon, my nose found La Praline Chocolatier, and I could not resist sampling exquisite chocolate.
         Returning to the hotel,I once again savoured the pool. There is nothing so blissful as floating languidly in warm water. I must admit, I've never enjoyed room service, it seems so decadent. Several of us gathered for an in room picnic/pyjama party. We each ordered different food items, and then shared them when they arrived. Buenos noches, Caracas.

© Copyright 2017 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/916697-Caracas-Encore