*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/918310-Spectacular-Santiago
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#918310 added August 23, 2017 at 9:03pm
Restrictions: None
Spectacular Santiago
Aug. 23---We have a very early day in the morning we’re flying to Santiago, Chile It’s a six-hour flight so when we arrive at the hotel. Yup I got a sweet deal at a 5 star hotel. You can have room service or in the restaurant, it’s up to you but the view is amazing.

http://www.sancristobaltowersantiago.com/?EM=M8_TRIP_BL_WEBSITE_LC_206_LAD_ENG&a...
Breakfast needs to be done by 9am we leave at 9:30 prompt--
Grab your sneakers and comfy clothes we’re going bike riding
https://www.tripadvisor.com/AttractionProductDetail-g294305-d11472608-Santiago_B...


we’re going out for dinner, it’s supposed to be the place to go in the old city
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g294305-d3843350-Reviews-Peumayen_...

Sweet dreams we have early flight to La Paz


         This virtual travel is amazing, no jet lag despite a six-hour flight. Today, we landed in Santiago the dramatic capital city of Chile. Oh my, Lyn's a Witchy Woman booked us at a fantastic 5-star hotel, The Cristobal Tower. It is so modern, bright, and airy. Again, I am awed by the one-of-a-kind views of the snow-capped Andes. The luxuries offered here are unbelievable; a butler, a massage, indoor and outdoor pools. Why, yes, if I wanted to further the decadence, I could've ordered room service, but I prefer to people watch during my meals. During breakfast, I was not disappointed.
         Lingering was not an option this glorious morning. Our group was slated to join a guided bike tour of this metropolis. I made sure to tie my sneakers good and tight. I have unpleasant memories of laces entangling themselves in bicycle wheels and pedals. My aerobic exercise would be expelled in balancing, steering, and pedalling. I listened to the guide's practised patter with one ear as I concentrated on wrangling my wheeled conveyance. It would be more than accurate to describe my bike style as wobbly.
         Wow! Santiago is a beautiful bustling urban center. The different parks we visited are gorgeous. I especially enjoyed Bicentennial Park. It is designed with everyone in mind. Yes, it does have the expected paths, groomed gardens, lush trees, and benches. It's uniqueness lies in its sculptures. They are everywhere, and feature a variety of subjects. One striking piece of art is a metal archway supporting a sequence of bicycle riders holding what seems to be telescopes. Another represents two dancers. The male is holding his female partner aloft overhead. One is simply a crude pair of legs. A splash pad for kids features manmade "rocks" of varying dimensions that squirt water. Many of the pay structures for children are pleasing to the eye.
         There were even two artificial lagoons, home to birds such as swans. It was a great place to be a "turista'.
          meandering to Parque Balmaceda, we discovered more healthy green trees, bike paths, fountains and street performers. How do people wrap/cocoon themselves in long swaths of drapery-like material and then create acts of strength and beauty?
         Throughout vibrant Santiago, I noticed street art and building murals. All are so colourful. This is not graffiti with someone's name.
         Huh, the Costanera Center is very much like a shopping mall anywhere in Canada. I recognized many of the business names.
         Whew, yes, Sky Costanera is a tall building. There is a similar one in Toronto known as the CN Tower. The mountain scenery is special though.
         Supper was served at Peumayen Ancestral Food, a restaurant that specializes in traditional Chilean food. Uh, er, I passed on sampling horse meat although it was served with a flair, sizzling on a hot skillet. I still can picture the steeds I recently rode. Um, I also said no to the lamb tongue. I don't like the taste of lamb/mutton. I have tried cow's tongue, and it's delicious. The bread basket heaped with nine types of Chilean breads was tasty. Even here in Santiago, people find so many ways to cook the humble potato.
         Back at the luxury hotel, I soaked and splashed in the heated indoor pool. It was heavenly!




© Copyright 2017 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/918310-Spectacular-Santiago