*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
6
7
8
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/918732-Cuzco-and-Other
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#918732 added August 28, 2017 at 12:28pm
Restrictions: None
Cuzco and Other
Owl with signature

August 28, 2017

I was glad to spend so much time at Cuzco. It brings up so many questions when I read that the walls and floor of Qoncancha once were covered in pure gold. I'm assuming the Spanish raided it and took all the gold. I would like to see it the way it was originally. There were so many sites and museums to see here. Cuzco was once the capital of the Inca Empire. The Spanish built a convent on top of the Temple of the Sun.

The twelve angle stone. A stone that holds up a whole building?

The square yard wall which has 3/4 of a stone circle and the pattern of a snake, puma, and condor impressed in the lawn.

Another nearby site which impressed me was Moray. The Moray is the Inca laboratory. They experimented with plant horticulture. Moray is a tiered circular landscape of terraces. As you move from terrace to terrace the temperatures change. This allows plants to grow and reach maturity at different times. You can feel the temperature changes as you walk down ward into the Moray.
Lima:

August 28. We’re taking a bus to Lima. I hope you enjoy the scenery it’s supposed to be beautiful.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g294316-d304504-Reviews-Sheraton_Lima_H...
We’re taking in a museum this afternoon.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g294316-d311651-Reviews-Museo_Larc...
The restaurant seems to have mixed reviews, I hope we don’t have issues.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g294316-d2314184-Reviews-Maras_Res...


The bus ride to Lima was a scenic view of countryside. When we arrived at the hotel the lobby was crowded with people jostling to get checked in. They were just arriving for a convention. It is comfortable and the staff was very patient with everyone.

Off to the museum (Museo Rafael Herrera Larco). What beautiful grounds. The roofs of outlaying buildings are growing red and purple flowers tangled with ferns. There is a flower museum on the grounds. This turned out to be my favorite part of the museum trip.

There were massive amounts of jewelry on display in the main museum. It was made of jewels, silver and beaten gold. Many of the tribal displays had gold headdress and real gold decorations.

Some of the statues were from excavations. They were often grossly sexual which reminded me of many of the pictures in an art expression class I took years ago.

Then there were the bowls, and other types of jugs that showed Pumas, snakes and condors. On one piece of bowl I wondered why the man's face had such long tusks for teeth before I realized it was probably the pictorial of a large jungle cat. *Laugh*

The best part was definitely the walls of gorgeous hanging blossoms and ferns.

Later at the restaurant I ordered fish. It was a very fine meal. The waitress was sober faced but wait staff may have been busy and tired because the place was packed. We sat and discussed the things we saw at the museum for awhile over coffee and tea. Back at the hotel I retired for a good nights rest. Two days left on our trip. Seems like we just started yesterday.

Merit Badge in Blogging
[Click For More Info]

Congrats on winning 3rd Place in the May 2017  [Link To Item #30dbc] ! *FlowerP*

© Copyright 2017 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/918732-Cuzco-and-Other