*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/918883-Lima-Peru
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#918883 added August 28, 2017 at 8:39pm
Restrictions: None
Lima. Peru

DAY 28 August 28th


August 28. We’re taking a bus to Lima. I hope you enjoy the scenery it’s supposed to be beautiful.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g294316-d304504-Reviews-Sheraton_Lima_H...
We’re taking in a museum this afternoon.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g294316-d311651-Reviews-Museo_Larc...

The restaurant seems to have mixed reviews, I hope we don’t have issues.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g294316-d2314184-Reviews-Maras_Res...


.          What a pleasure to put me feet up, and just relax as someone else did the driving today. I am temporarily hiked out. Travelling by bus permitted me to chat, and swoon at the spectacular scenery at the same time. Although it might have been somewhat more authentic to travel via llama, I did not argue. Clutching the scrawny neck of a temperamental llama, and bumping along probably would not have been comfortable. The bus rumbled and back-fired occasionally, but this was preferable to an animal that expresses itself by spitting.
         Lyn's a Witchy Woman has quite the knack for choosing wonderful hotels. We are staying in Lima, Peru at the Sheraton Lima, a 4.5 star establishment.
         Our tour de jour, occurred at the Museo Larco. The garden welcomed us with its bountiful colours. Never have I seen such differently shaped cacti .Each one was like a unique sculpture.
         Wow, the interior of this museum housed a plethora of Incan artifacts. Pottery was displayed everywhere. Some of it was definitely erotic, and portrayed a fascination with sexuality. Many pieces depicted lifelike faces. Other pottery seemed to be whimsical. It featured different animals.
          Displays of gold gleamed. As in many cultures, it seemed to be used for jewellery, or adornment.
         There were many large, stone sculptures
         Tonight's meal was served at Mara's.Restaurante. I chose to sample the ten-course tasting menu, and I was pleasantly sated.
         After supper, I returned to our hotel for a leisurely swim. I could learn to really appreciate this luxury.


© Copyright 2017 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/918883-Lima-Peru