*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/919365-Bogota
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#919365 added August 30, 2017 at 8:42pm
Restrictions: None
Bogota
We'll be here today and the 31st. We have flights late on the 31st back to Miami

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g294074-d301960-Reviews-Four_Seasons_Ho...

We're going out in style this month. The Four Seasons Bogota is an outstanding hotel! Excellent staff that is very helpful, pleasant, and professional. The hotel rooms are luxurious with extremely comfortable beds and furniture. The food was delicious.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/AttractionProductDetail-g294074-d11451914-Bogota_Cit...

We have the 8 hour option today. Discover the best of Bogotá’s tourist attractions, covering its most famous neighborhoods, museums and sights on this tour with optional 5-hour or 8-hour itineraries. Explore the cobblestoned streets of the La Candelaria neighborhood, see the city’s historic district and La Catedral Primera (Prime Cathedra), view gold artifacts at the famed Museo de Oro and take a cable car to the famous Mount Monserrate. Your trip also includes a guide, hotel pickup and drop-off, entrance fees and lunch. et a taste for the best the Colombian capital has to offer on this city tour that’s chock-full of history, culture and stunning sights. Whether you’re interested in colonial architecture, history, art or simply looking for great views, this tour is sure to delight.

Your day begins with pickup at 8:30am from your Bogotá hotel and heads first to the atmospheric neighborhood of La Candelaria. This historic neighborhood, bursting with colorful facades, ornate ironwork and interesting buildings, is perfect for photographers and architecture-lovers.

From there, proceed with your guide to the Plaza de Bolívar (Bolívar Plaza) to take in some of the city’s most famous historic structures surrounding the square, including La Catedral Primera and the Capitolio Nacional (National Capitol). Then head over to the Museo de Botero, where you’ll see 100+ pieces of artwork by Colombian artist Francisco Botero, along with paintings from numerous other artists from around the world.

Depending on whether you’ve selected the 5-hour or 8-hour tour option, your day will also include the following:

5-hour tour:In addition to all of the sights mentioned above, this tour will make a stop at Bogotá’s incredible Museo de Oro, home to one of the world’s largest collections of Pre-Columbian gold objects. Finish your tour with a visit by cable car to the sky-high environs of Mount Monserrate, a peaceful religious pilgrimage site set in the mountains above Bogotá. Take in breathtaking views and grab a few photos before heading down the mountain for a drop-off back at your hotel.

Dinner and dancing at the hotel. There are 2 restaurants on site and a fun bar with music. Let's practice our latin dancing.

8-hour tour:Experience the best of Bogotá’s attractions on this 8-hour sightseeing trip, which includes all of the visits in the 5-hour option above plus an authentic Colombian lunch, a look at Quinta de Bolívar (home of the famous Simon Bolívar) and stops in additional city neighborhoods. Proceed the northern edge of the city to see the capital’s financial district, along with the Parque 93 area and its slick International Center. Finish your Bogotá exploration with a stop in the neighborhood of Usaqén, another colonial gem that is now populated by countless bars and restaurants. Conclude your tour with drop-off back at your Bogotá hotel.



         Today, we flew into Bogota, Colombia. During our flight, I brushed up on all things Bogota. It is the capital and largest city of this country. Colonized by the Spanish, this city is the third highest in South America at 8, 660 feet above sea level. Back in 2007, UNESCO named Bogota a World Book capital in recognition of its efforts to promote books and reading. This is the first Latin American nation to receive this honour. This and the city of Montreal, the other city with a similar title, appeal to me. I am an avid reader.
         We quickly checked into our accommodation, Four Seasons Hotel. It was just a quick glance, but I sensed it was a chic hotel with contemporary flair. I anticipate some fun there later this evening.
          We set out with a guide to explore this city of contrasts, the old and the new . The old city maintains a cobblestone street. Throngs of people crowd absolutely everywhere. We visited the Candelaria neighbourhood. At the Plaza de Bolivar, the pigeons are friendly, and plentiful. La Cathedral Primera is immense and castle-like. It apparently took about sixteen years to complete.
          The Museo Botero houses wonderful artwork. According to our informative guide, a Colombian artist, Fernanado Botero, donated the exhibits. One of his sculptures, a giant hand, greets visitors at the entrance.
         There was a great deal that glittered at the Museo del Oro. Gold gleamed and sparkled. Interestingly, the pre-Colombians often used a metal alloy known as "tumbaga" for their precious, mostly religious objects. This alloy is a combination of gold and copper.
         What a highlight it was to jump in a glass-walled cable car and ascend Mount Monserrate The scenery was spectacular.
.           Ah, the hotel restaurant, Nemo was a perfect sequel to a glorious day. I sipped and savoured some excellent Colombian coffee. I nattered with other enthusiastic tourists. I endeavoured to dance a wee bit. Latin music cannot be ignored.

© Copyright 2017 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/919365-Bogota