*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/920357-If-Its-Too-Good-To-Be-True
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#920357 added September 14, 2017 at 9:26pm
Restrictions: None
If It's Too Good To Be True
The Wildcard Round! This week's winner, chosen by the Virtual Dice from all eligible entries, will win a Computers MB (and I know...I still haven't gotten to last week's yet...I'll try to get on that soon, I promise *Blush*).

What is something the internet has actually made worse for you instead of better?
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         
         It probably isn't just me, but I really dislike the scam/junk mail that somehow worms its way into my private e-mail account. Am I supposed to believe and therefore support the ridiculous claims that are mailed to me via the internet? I pay for this service, yet phishing tries to bamboozle me, hook, line, and sinker. I fail to see how anybody could be conned.
         Why do so many of these scams claim to pay out in English Pound Sterling? Am I supposed to be impressed? Why in the world would I use my bank account to somehow liberate a fortune from a foreign country? So, I only have to pretend to be a long lost relative? Oh, I have the opportunity to share a percentage with a shady estates lawyer, or a government official? Without my assistance the funds are trapped, and inaccessible? I only need submit a small fee to accept my award/prize?
         All of these e-mail schemes are poorly written. They are riddled with spelling and grammar errors. That is an obvious red flag. Secondly, they attempt to implore me with a veiled personal touch. I'm instantly suspicious when an unsolicited message uses my name, and address. Another tell is that the e-mail address of the sender does not match the address in the "official document". Sure, I'll overlook such glaring mistakes.
         Are there actually people who believe that they can get something for nothing? If it's too good to be true...

© Copyright 2017 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/920357-If-Its-Too-Good-To-Be-True