*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/920520-Britain-or-Bust
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#920520 added September 17, 2017 at 8:28pm
Restrictions: None
Britain or Bust
Creation Weekend!!


*CarG* For Saturday: We're going on a road trip! We're gonna need some music...what makes for a good road trip song, album, or playlist? Give us a list (5-10 or more) of songs, or a few albums (3-5 or more), and tell us why those are your "must-have" road trip favorites (you don't have to provide links or embeds; plain text is fine).

*Cargr* For Sunday: Who's going with you on your trip, and where are you going? And, most importantly, why?

Have fun!
         
         
         
         
         
         
A road trip? Woohoo, count me in! There are so many great travelling tunes, in fact, almost all music except opera would be fine by me. But I have been asked to select some specific songs, so here is my list.
          When my three were younger, our favourite sing-along hits were generated by a group known as Jefferson Starship. To this day, we can sing all the tunes, word for word. So, I'd like the album 'Knee Deep in the Hoopla' to accompany me for nostalgia's sake. Surely something Mom and kids agreed on can't be all bad.
         Of course anything from Queen is perfectly acceptable for my road trip. The music is so dramatic and 'singable'. My voice isn't the best, but I can generate the powerful emotion and belt out the lyrics with the best of 'em.
          I love Supertramp, so two of their fantastic albums must be included. 'Even in the Quietest Moments', and 'Breakfast in America' contain the best sounds for fighting fatigue and boredom.
          If I'm taking great, theatrical music, I vote for some ELO. To stay upbeat while trapped in a moving vehicle, I will sing 'Don't Bring Me Down' and 'Strange Magic'.
         Okay, I'll bring one more spectacular album 'cause it is a part of my past, and it feels like an old friend. Meat Loaf's 'Bat Out of Hell' is a helluva creation.
         Okay, now that my play list is ready, hubby and I can begin our road trip through The British Isles. This is my dream/fantasy vacation. I am a fan of things British, plus both my partner and I share a British-family background. Perhaps if he returns to the country of his roots he will find more of that sense of humour that remains hidden away. I find English humour to be sublime, and seeing/hearing/experiencing it up close will be fantastic.
         Oh, I am also a bit of a genealogical detective. I would enjoy visiting the different communities that once were home to our ancestors. The kin range from southern England to Ireland and Scotland.          We don't mind car travel. We prefer to explore at our leisure, without a timetable. We'd just have to adjust to driving on the wrong side of the road.          
Did I mention that I hope we meet some living, breathing relatives as well? Think of all the tea we'll sip, and the chin wagging we'll do!

© Copyright 2017 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/920520-Britain-or-Bust