*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/920590-The-Big-Apple-Again
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#920590 added October 11, 2017 at 8:07pm
Restrictions: None
The Big Apple, Again!
Date: Week of Labor Day, and week of September 11th

Locale:  New York City

         After two years of writing/revising the course materials for this customer, I am here for the first class!  About time!  *Smile*

         I drove here the week of Labor Day to spend some time on Thursday & Friday preparing for the class.  NYC Transit has a bit of a unique system, and can be VERY demanding on what they want.  In a way that's good, but they carry it to the extreme.  Thursday and Friday were almost a waste of time, since the person who was supposed to help me was pulled off Friday to work on a site belonging to the DEA, in the Trump Tower!  Interesting....


         Overall the class went okay, but I could have done much better.  I needed more time to see their site, since this class is being taught about their system, and this site is just one of 120 they have.  I have to admit I struggled a little bit on Tuesday for the first hour or so, but I feel I got in a groove with things, and did well after that.  You'd have to ask the student how they feel about it though.  It was tough, but I persevered, and will be back there on Monday the 25th to do it again.


         No trip to NYC would be complete without visiting the 9-11 Memorial, situated at the site of the terrorist on 9-11-01.  I think almost every American can remember where they were when that happened.  The Memorial is quite the experience, you might want to bring tissues along for some of it.  The new World Trade Center is as impressive as the first two were.  The WTC Pools #1 and 2 are quite the experience.  The names of every person who perished that day are on the ledges that border the pools.  The 9-11 Memorial is actually underground, and a little south of the pools, if I'm not mistaken.










Noteworthy Restaurants:



         Inatome Sushi          http://www.inatomerestaurant.org/

         So good, I went there twice!  Excellent Sushi, great atmosphere, and a very enjoyable experience.  It's not near where I will be staying on future trips, so doubt I will get to return.


         Peter's Clam Bar          petersclamhouse.com

         Most who have read my previous entries may remember how I love Seafood.  Peter's has very good Paella, and excellent Seafood.  I recommend either the Paella, or their Clam Bake.  You won't be hungry when done.



Historic/Interesting Places Visited:

         National 9-11 Memorial          https://www.911memorial.org/

         This is a MUST SEE on any first trip to the New York City area.  There's no need to return and shed more tears, you can see a lot above ground.  But you should go down to the museum, and see/remember that day.  Those who choose to not remember history shall repeat it after all.

         I will be in Saskatoon Saskatchewan next week before returning to the Big Apple the following week.  Y'all take care of yourselves, enjoy the changing seasons.  And most of all, keep writing!



© Copyright 2017 Sum1's In San Francisco (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1's In San Francisco has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/920590-The-Big-Apple-Again