*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/921507-status-The-beginning
Rated: 13+ · Book · Medical · #2136078
Notes for a personal memoir: Nurse escapes from healthcare in pursuit of passion.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#921507 added October 5, 2017 at 5:36pm
Restrictions: None
status. The beginning
IA. The Beginning. Status.

I reached past the little lady and opened the glass door to the waiting room, as I wheeled her out of the office. "Thank you, the doctor will go over the results at your appointment tomorrow."

"Thank you, nurse, I was scared about this test, and you made it so much better than I feared."

I smiled, "I am glad it was better than you feared, the unknown is scary."

"Well, thank you, again, you were very kind." Her daughter stood up from a chair and walked toward us.

"You are welcome."

As the door swung shut, my eyes darted to the rack of patient charts, and I groaned internally.

Two red charts stood on end indicating patients waiting for me to take them down the hall to the exam room, and perform a lengthy bladder function study on them.

Two. A quick check of my watch shows I am 10 minutes behind for the second patient of the day.

The little lady I'd walked out just now, had taken extra time to test. She'd been incontinent of bowel movements twice during the test, and I'd found her a blanket to wrap in as we waited for her daughter to bring a change of clothes.

Now there are two charts in the rack. A note attached to the other charts reads, "40 minutes early." Ugh!

IB. Incident:
 Cat and Mouse  (E)
comparison of feline behaviour and a verbal attack from an employer
#1801798 by iluvhorses


© Copyright 2017 iluvhorses (UN: debmach at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
iluvhorses has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/921507-status-The-beginning