*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/921955-The-Big-Apple-Again-Fourth-Time
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#921955 added October 11, 2017 at 8:06pm
Restrictions: None
The Big Apple Again, Fourth Time
Date: Week of October 9th

Locale:  New York City, Brooklyn to be exact

         Back again for the third of four classes in New York City. These classes seem to get more and more difficult.  No, it's not what I'm teaching, it's the customer wanting more than we (My company) are ready to deliver.  I spent 2 years working on the course materials (off and on), and finally had them approved by the lead contractor, and NYC Transit.  Unfortunately, the students in the classes were not in the loop when it came to approving the materials.  Their system is a mix of things.  A bit of high tech (our newest base radio), mixed with old technology.  Their equipment racks have far more equipment in them than I've seen in the past, and are very unique.  All I can do is deliver the class to the best of my ability, and "keep on keeping on."


         I arrived on Sunday, and spent the afternoon getting to my hotel via train and subway.  That was a 2.5 hour trek in itself.  By the time I was settled, I didn't feel like going out much, so no playing tourist that afternoon.  It hasn't cooled off yet, not completely.  It's still warm, highs in the 70's, so everyone is loving that.  Tonight I walked to the Manhattan Bridge, and snapped a few photos.  I meant to go to the Brooklyn Bridge, and was following the signs, but somehow ended up on the Manhattan Bridge.  Oh well, next time.







         I will be in Schaumburg Illinois next week before returning to the Big Apple the following week.  It's only a three day class, and somehow I need to find the time to look at the on line training stuff from last week.  One day of the class was cancelled due to the facilitator having a  family emergency.  It's being made up this week, but I can't attend since I'm here teaching.  So, I'll do what I can.  Til next time, y'all take care of yourselves.  And most of all, keep writing!

© Copyright 2017 Sum1's In San Francisco (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1's In San Francisco has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/921955-The-Big-Apple-Again-Fourth-Time