*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/923793-Worldbuilding
by Tanith
Rated: E · Book · Writing.Com · #2135844
With coffee and writing implements at hand, I can determine the shape of today.
#923793 added November 14, 2017 at 8:21am
Restrictions: None
Worldbuilding
It's funny, how things work out.

On Sunday a guildmate who also happens to be an aspiring writer returned to GW2, and we chatted a bit and exchanged email addresses. He's someone I've always found to be quite pleasant, so I was happy to see him come back. I asked him to keep me updated on his work and his progress, so naturally he asked the same of me.

For some reason this jogged my memory of another long project I'd started once, so I did a bit of digging in the ol' filing cabinet...and sure enough, I found the binder for that showing that I'd done quite a bit more work on that than I remembered...and I realized I can not only resurrect it, but its similar theme to my "main" long project means I can tie them together with a fleshed-out mythology. Grandiose? Possibly. Fun? You bet!

So when I wasn't attending to household matters yesterday, I was writing. And thinking. This will take a lot of work and time, but if it works out it will be my own magnum opus, which every writer wants to have. Plus, it's the type of work I always wanted to see...and one that might just sell.

I've spent a lot of time in imagined worlds. It's time I did some worldbuilding of my own.

© Copyright 2017 Tanith (UN: tanith49 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Tanith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/923793-Worldbuilding