*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/926642-January-8-2018
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#926642 added January 8, 2018 at 3:10am
Restrictions: None
January 8, 2018
"January 8, 2018 Me in my Salvation Army uniform Just what it says Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs Blog City image small

Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs " "We are part of this universe; we are in this universe, but perhaps more important than both of those facts, is that the universe is in us." Neil deGrasse Tyson
Use this quote as inspiration for your blog entry."

The Bible teaches me that I am made in the image of God and that it is God who breathes the breath of life into me. My very existence is by the grace of God and depends on God. God created everything though there are some who want to believe that there was nothing and then everything suddenly popped into existence. It has been proven time and again that it is impossible for nothing to suddenly produce anything so it seems illogical to me to believe that nothing existed and then suddenly everything simply exploded into being. Something had to be here to cause the initial reaction that became the universe. In my mind that something was my Lord Jesus Christ. I can't for one minute wrap my mind around the idea that nothing existed and suddenly something exploded and produced a planet so perfect that life also suddenly popped into existence. Come on people! Then they want to accuse me of believing in fantasies?

Blog City image small "Isabel Allende says in her novel, Maya, “Our demons lose their power when we pull them out of the depths where they hide and look them in the face in broad daylight.”
What do you think of those things Allende calls demons? Are there any such demons you can think of that are hiding deep inside you or in someone you know that could inspire a story, novel, or poem? How?"

I believe we've all got what some may refer to as demons lurking within us in the form of bad memories that lie hidden just beneath our consciousness. Those memories influence our behavior and cause us to lash out at those around us in fits of unexplainable anger or freeze up in dread. I know this is true for me. You see I was bullied a lot as a child by an adult in my life. To this very day if another man begins to raise his voice at me it is not the man I see but rather the adult that bullied me as a child. The difference is that I'm no longer a defenseless infant. I am now a grown five feet ten inches two hundred sixty five pound man who doesn't intimidate. So I have to check myself to keep from lashing out and knocking the block off of the "adult bullying me" because it isn't him at all.

Signature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill Awards
Sig for nominees


© Copyright 2018 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/926642-January-8-2018