*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/928682-February-10-2018
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#928682 added February 10, 2018 at 12:46pm
Restrictions: None
February 10, 2018
"February 10, 2018 Me in my Salvation Army uniformJust what it saysImage for BCOF members to put in their blogsBlog City image small

Blog City image small Prompt: "It's creation Saturday, I love this phrase . Have fun with this phrase: Fivesixer He raised his goblet: "Cheers! Here's to Love!" She answered: "Define Love."

I would define love with an illustration. That illustration would be the sacrifice of Jesus Christ on the cross at Calvary. Few really stop to realize the magnitude of that sacrifice. I know. Many people believe that Jesus was a legend. However historians have proven that Jesus was not a legend but a real, living person. The Bible further proves that He was and is indeed the Son of God. What other person in history had the place, date, and parentage of their birth predicted hundreds of years before they took place? Jesus died on the cross just as prophecy foretold that He would do and then rose from the dead just as He predicted. He died because He loved man enough to make a way for man to be with Him after man rejected Him in the beginning. God the Father and Jesus Christ are one and the same. God created man in perfection but man sinned against God. God's character requires that God not be exposed to sin. Therefore man was exposed to the justice of God who by His nature has to be faithful to His nature. God had to punish man. God's nature was also to be loving and merciful however so God, in the form of Jesus Christ, did the only thing He could do and became a man to live a holy life and shed His own blood to save man from His sin. People think God is bloodthirsty but He is not. If He were bloodthirsty He would simply destroy us all and be done with it. By His nature God is holy and just. It is that part of God's nature that requires blood be shed for sin. By His nature God is also loving and merciful however, which required Him to make provision for the sin of man. He did that on Calvary.

Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs Prompt: "You go on a picnic to a park, and you encounter something unusual. Write a story or poem about it."

I don't really have a story. However I do have a comment. I wonder if people went to crucifixions the way people used to go to hangings in the American wild west? If so people may have been having picnics around Jesus as He hung on the cross and died at Calvary. I never really considered that before but man has always been more than willing to throw a big party whenever somebody is being executed. I'm willing to bet the Jews were much the same way. If so then I can see them standing around singing hymns and psalms as Jesus hung on the cross dying for them. Wow!

Signature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill Awards
Sig for nominees

© Copyright 2018 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/928682-February-10-2018