*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/929455-Bizzy-All-Week-In-Bismarckj
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#929455 added February 25, 2018 at 1:58pm
Restrictions: None
Bizzy All Week In Bismarckj
Date: Week of February 12th


Locale:  Bismarck, North Dakota


         This was soft of a 'return trip' for me, since I was in Bismarck in 2006.  However,  I was here in June, and drove.  Much warmer then!


         My customer this week was the Western Area Power Administration, a Federal Group that generates and delivers power in Montana, South Dakota, and North Dakota.  As a result, my students were from those three states for the most part.  I'm not sure who they deliver power to, probably Federal Customers?  The class was a four day class covering a couple of different subjects, and went very well.  So well, that they want to have more classes delivered by me on this subject, most likely in South Dakota and Arizona.  Why Arizona?  Well, the Federal Power group, for lack of a better word, have several districts around the country, such as the Rocky Mountain District, Southwest Power Administration, etc.  Guess we'll see how many classes I deliver to them in the future, huh!


         It was pretty cold a couple of days while I was there, single digit temperatures were the norm for that week.  Snow covered everything, and it snowed a couple of times while I was there.  One day  was pretty warm, reaching a high of 38 or so, but it dropped the next.  Fortunately, getting there was easy, no flight delays or cancellations. 


Noteworthy Restaurants:


         Pirogue Grill          http://www.piroguegrille.com/menu.aspx  Their menu was quite a bit different from places I've dined at before.  How about an appetizer of BBQ Rabbit on a Wild Rice Potato Pancake?  I wanted that, but the House-made venison sausage with grilled sweet onion relish called me more, along with the Roast Corn and Bison soup.


         MacKenzie River Pizza & Grill          https://www.mackenzieriverpizza.com/    I went here on a whim, at the last minute.  Imagine my surprise to find that about 7-8 or my students had planned on meeting there!  I ordered Cowboy Nacho's for us all, and decided to have Baja Fish Taco's for my meal, with a salad of Braised red beets, arugula, & goat cheese. 


Historic/Interesting Places Visited:

         Lewis & Clark Riverboat          https://www.lewisandclarkriverboat.com/    This was closed because of winter, so I couldn't go on board.  Would love to get back here during the summer to get a cruise on it!

In Closing
         I am home for the week, before heading out next weekend.  I am driving to my next destination, and it's quite a bit warmer than here!  I should be able to snap a few photo's, we'll see.....  Maybe a Trinket from one?    Winter is here full force, y'all stay warm.  Down under, it's the heat of Summer.  Stay cool!  Whatever you do, keep writing!

© Copyright 2018 Sum1's In San Francisco (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1's In San Francisco has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/929455-Bizzy-All-Week-In-Bismarckj