*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/935761-June-4-2018
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#935761 added June 4, 2018 at 12:53am
Restrictions: None
June 4, 2018
"June 4, 2018 Me in my Salvation Army uniform Just what it saysImage for BCOF members to put in their blogsBlog City image small

Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs "Prompt: My role in society, or any artist's or poet's role, is to try and express what we all feel. Not to tell people how to feel. Not as a preacher, not as a leader, but as a reflection of us all. John Lennon
As a writer do you agree or disagree with Mr. Lennon? What do you think your role, as a creative person , in society is?"

I would have to agree with Lennon for the most part. However as a Christian I would have to disagree and say that I am to use my talents as a writer to preach the word of God. If I were just writing fantasy or some type of fiction that did not have the gravity of Christian writing then it would not matter and I would agree with him. As a Christian though I have information to share that has eternal consequences. Therefore I should use my talents as a writer to preach the word of God.

Image:1971183-33%} "Prompt: In his book The Club Dumas, Arturo Perez-Réverte says, “Even if there is foul play, without the rule there is no game.”
What does this quote mean, and how does its meaning reflect in your life?"

I don't know what the original meaning to this quote is but I do know that life has rules, which we are to play by. My rule book is the Holy Bible and I strive to follow it every day. Of course I fall far short of the mark for there has only been one person who has ever been able to live totally by the word of God and He was crucified for his efforts. I can only pray that I ruffle a few feathers with the manner in which I live as well. I am not meant to be a people pleaser. I'm here to preach the gospel.

Signature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill AwardsSig for nomineesA signature for those who sponsored the 2017 Quill Awards

© Copyright 2018 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/935761-June-4-2018