*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/936032-June-9-2018
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#936032 added June 9, 2018 at 8:28am
Restrictions: None
June 9, 2018
"June 9, 2018 Me in my Salvation Army uniformJust what it saysImage for BCOF members to put in their blogsBlog City image small

Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs Prompt: "Consider a volcano and the changes it goes through over its lifetime. Write a poem or story about its experiences."

I guess in many ways my life resembled a volcano. Like a volcano I was filled with lava, in my case boiling anger, resentment, and other nastiness. I was so full of holes that I spent decades trying to find some way to fill them. Also like a volcano I was undergoing constant stress from all of the nastiness inside of me and would eventually erupt all over everybody and everything I came into contact with. I lost many friends as people would tell me in no uncertain terms to walk away and never come back. I have spent a lot of time going to many of them making amends. Some of them are dead and the only possible amends I can make to them is in being the best possible me I can be today. However this volcano has now settled down and become dormant thanks to Jesus Christ who entered my heart and changed my whole perspective. Today I preach love and forgiveness. I can preach them and mean it because I practice them. I had to forgive tons of hurt and ugliness in order to get to where I am today. If I can forgive it then I have no reason to believe that others cannot forgive the ugliness and anger that boils inside of them.

Blog City image small Prompt words: "
rate
triangle
death
selection
well
appear
captain
mail carrier
mechanical"

At the risk of sounding mechanical and dying a writer's death, I wanted to attempt to answer this blog prompt. I love the BCPF as much as I do BCoF forum. I wish we had a weekly blogging contest on here too. Perhaps we would get more participation. I know it would serve as an added incentive to me. Who doesn't like recognition. I always enjoy it when I receive the selection as BCoF Blogger of the Week. Well it is what it is as the cliche goes. I hope people rate me as a readable blogger. I'm relatively new at it. I write a lot about my faith. I hope I never appear to be a Bible thumper because such people even turn me off. I do worship the same triangle they worship. The triangle is the triune God made up of three Persons yet one God. I can't explain how it works. I just know that Jesus Christ is the captain and pilot of my ship. He is the mail carrier who brings my daily blessing.

Signature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill AwardsSig for nomineesA signature for those who sponsored the 2017 Quill Awards

© Copyright 2018 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/936032-June-9-2018