*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/936852-Learning-to-Know-and-Love-God
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#936852 added June 24, 2018 at 2:03pm
Restrictions: None
Learning to Know and Love God
Jamál (Beauty), 1 Raḥmat (Mercy) 175 B.E. - Sunday, June 24, 2018

"Know thou of a certainty that Love is the secret of God’s holy Dispensation, the manifestation of the All-Merciful, the fountain of spiritual outpourings. Love is heaven’s kindly light, the Holy Spirit’s eternal breath that vivifieth the human soul. Love is the cause of God’s revelation unto man, the vital bond inherent, in accordance with the divine creation, in the realities of things. Love is the one means that ensureth true felicity both in this world and the next. Love is the light that guideth in darkness, the living link that uniteth God with man, that assureth the progress of every illumined soul. Love is the most great law that ruleth this mighty and heavenly cycle, the unique power that bindeth together the divers elements of this material world, the supreme magnetic force that directeth the movements of the spheres in the celestial realms. Love revealeth with unfailing and limitless power the mysteries latent in the universe."
Abdu’l-Baha12

It's Sunday, June 24, I don't really want to do much of anything this morning. Therefore, I'm going to begin reading a series of article by Rodney Richards on BahaiTeachings.org   called "Loving God"3. The first article is How Do We Know Our Creator Loves Us?  , which is a question people--including people of faith--as all the time.


How do I know
that the Almighty
loves me and all humanity?

The All-Glorious Creator
sent His messengers and the sacred scriptures
to demonstrate His love for humanity.

Now that I have read the first article this the series "Loving God" I feel more like writing or doing anything else. I'm going to the second article How Do We Return God’s Love?  . Humanity shows its love for God, the All-Knowing Creator, by loving the light that emanates from the lamp, which is the Manifestation or Prophet who revealed God to humanity. Some of this Divine Prophets and Messengers are Baha'u'llah, The Bab, Muhammad, Christ, and Buddha. These are the lamps that revealed the light of God, which is the Holy Spirit, to humanity.

Love the light of God
shining through the lamp of His revelation,
and love humanity for the sake of the Unknowable Creator.

We learn to know
and love the Almighty
through the lamp the emanates God's light.


Footnotes
1  Selections from the Writings of Abdu’l-Baha, p. 27.
2  Quoted in " How Do We Know Our Creator Loves Us?" by Rodney Richards http://bahaiteachings.org/know-creator-loves-us.
3  http://bahaiteachings.org/series/loving-god


© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/936852-Learning-to-Know-and-Love-God