*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/937440-July-5-2018
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#937440 added July 5, 2018 at 12:28pm
Restrictions: None
July 5, 2018
"July 5, 2018 Me in my Salvation Army uniformJust what it saysImage for BCOF members to put in their blogs Blog City image smallSig for nomineesSignature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill AwardsBanner or header for 30DBC

Image for BCOF members to put in their blogsPrompt: "Benjamin Franklin wrote this witty epitaph acknowledging his belief in reincarnation.

The Body of B.Franklin,
Printer
Like the cover of an Old Book
Its contents turn out
and
Stripped of its lettering and gilding
Lies Here
Food for worms
But the book shall not be lost
For it will be as he believed
Appear once more
In a new and more elegant edition
Revised and corrected
By the author.



What are your thoughts on his epitaph? Reincarnation?mage:1997652-50%}Blog City image small

I believe that reincarnation is the biggest bunch of garbage to come out of Hell since the fall of man. If the soul simply kept going from body to body Jesus would have told us so. Instead He said we either went to Heaven or to Hell. Matthew 7: 13-24.

{image:1971183-33% "Prompt: Who were your favorite fictional literature characters when you were a teen-ager?"

Robinson Crusoe was always my favorite literary character when I was a teen. Of course like a lot of other teens I read a lot of comic books and fell in love with many of those characters but I was well read and usually read books about famous people or the classics.

{image:2003087} Prompt: "Tell us about your experiences at Writing.com. The laughs and the loves, the lights and the lows."

I have had a very good experience here at WDC. Most of my experience has been positive and I have received very little negative feedback. The only time I really received any negative feedback was when I wrote an editorial concerning a rumored play that was suppose to be on Broadway that portrayed Jesus and His disciples as a group of homosexuals. I said in the editorial that Jesus could not possibly have been a homosexual because the Bible condemns homosexuality, which it clearly does. I said that if Jesus had been a homosexual He would have been guilty of sin and could not have been the Savior of the world. Well that caused me to receive a rash of pretty negative comments, which I had suspected it might in our ultra modern, politically correct world. However God's word is unchanging and I spoke only from it. God's word is not politically correct so my personal opinion does not matter. As a preacher I must speak as God has spoken. That gets me in trouble sometimes. However most of the time what I write is well received and I have won numerous prizes both here and on another writing site I belong to.


© Copyright 2018 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/937440-July-5-2018