*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/937798-Berry-licious
Rated: E · Book · Personal · #2147746
Gettin' to know me.
#937798 added April 14, 2024 at 5:33pm
Restrictions: None
Berry-licious

I've been longing for Oregon strawberries for two years. Last year I was laid up, pregnant and suffering with sciatica. I could hardly walk to the bathroom much less go to the farmer's market. Mathman had his hands full, at that time, being both mom and dad and taking care of me. I didn't want to put more on his plate by badgering him to find strawberries.

I wasn't going to miss out this year! Today I took two of the redheaded minions younglings to the farmer's market and snagged a flat of Oregon strawberries.

The guy I bought them from asked if I was going to make jam.

Um, no.

One flat of berries in a family of nine gets eaten in two days. To make jam, as I've learned from past experience, I would need 5-10 flats. And our budget just doesn't allow for that this year.

I was, however, able to make strawberry shortcake this evening. Homemade sweet bread, chopped up sweetened berries, and massive spoonfulls of cool whip? Ahhh! Heaven on a spoon!



© Copyright 2024 Genipher (UN: geniphery at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Genipher has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/937798-Berry-licious