*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/940288-Smooth-Serene-Seattle
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#940288 added August 24, 2018 at 6:51pm
Restrictions: None
Smooth, Serene Seattle

DAY 24 Seattle, Washington


We're staying at the Hyatt at Olive 8 in the downtown part of Seattle.

https://olive8.hyatt.com/en/hotel/our-hotel.html

I've arranged for a relaxing spa treatment at Elaia. once we arrive from Frankfort, North Carolina. We're going to have a quiet evening, maybe catch up on some writing because tomorrow night we're going to see Ed Sheeran in concert.

We're going to have dinner at Urbane which is located in the hotel and then head to the Space Needle observation deck.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g60878-d123109-Reviews-Space_Needl...

and then head to the Triple Door to hear some jazz jam sessions.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g60878-d7826875-Reviews-The_Triple...


Sweet dreams ladies, tomorrow is going to be really busy.
         Day 24, and I find myself in Seattle, Washington. This is a new destination pour moi. I am familiar with the Canadian west coast, so the fog and dampness are similar. Now that I'm here, I'm remembering a children's book that my kids had. It featured a creature that lived on the Space Needle.. Will this be a possible sighting to rival the discovery of Yeti, or Big Foot?
         OMG and WOW [suser:elusive4lyn}. You've booked a day of spa pleasantries and pampering for us? This Hyatt at Olive 8 is a luxury hotel. Everything we could ever need or want for our creature comfort is here in one impressive place. I don't have to dress to impress, or to be civilized. Oh, imagine spending a leisurely day wrapped in a fluffy, white robe.
         This is one of those once in a lifetime experiences, so I opt to receive a facial, a manicure, a pedicure, and a massage. The in-hotel spa, Alaia is pure decadence. Everything smells divine.
         Darn, I had to squeeze myself into dining attire, but again the effort was worth it. I honestly don't know where I found the strength to lift my fork, or my glass at Urbane. I felt so comfortable, so relaxed. I suppose I relied upon muscle memory. I've never been one to refuse a gourmet meal, or any offer of refreshment. So, I mustered the wherewithal to feed myself and regenerate my batteries. To this end, I did not decline dessert. Someone created it and I could not be rude and ignore it.
         Great timing.... apres supper, we explored that iconic piece of architecture, the Space Needle. Oh, thank God there was an elevator, those steps appeared daunting. My stomach didn't relish too much physical exertion, and my two feet were still somewhat relaxed. I did manage to slide across the glass revolving floor. That raised my pulse rate a bit. The view from the observation deck is spectacular.
         Our evening sojourn at The Triple Door capped a fantastic day. The drinks and the jazz fostered a mellow atmosphere. All I had to do was recline in a comfy chair, sip, and listen. I knew I could handle it.

© Copyright 2018 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/940288-Smooth-Serene-Seattle