*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/940322-Smile
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#940322 added August 25, 2018 at 12:20pm
Restrictions: None
Smile!
Prompt: Let's see where your creative genius takes you with this quote by Leonardo Da Vinci. Begin whatever you write with "I love those who can smile in trouble… "
Have fun on this creation Saturday.


====

Smile!


“I love those who can smile in trouble. Because you and I are both out of work. And you can still spew jokes,” Rob hissed with sarcasm. He was so upset, his eyes were watering, or maybe, he was shedding a tear or two.

“I am no Mona Lisa, and being without funds,” Jenna rubbed her fingers as if counting money, “is no joke, speaking hypothetically.”

He rubbed fiercely at his eyes. “Don’t tell anyone I cried.”

“Who said anyone cried? Did someone cry? Don’t we always smile around here?”

“There you go again! Turning everything into a joke. Life is not a joke, Jen!”

“We’ll get other jobs,” Jenna said decisively, her eyes now twinkling as she arose and reached for her purse. “In fact, that’s what I am now going to do. In the meantime…”

“In the meantime, I sit here and brood, right!” Rob cut her, his voice transmitting annoyance.

“Correction: you don’t. You’ll take these…” She reached into her purse and took out a couple of papers. One looked like a receipt and the other was a lotto ticket. “And see what you can do with them. I think we hit the jackpot.”

Rob stood up and grabbed the ticket. “Really!” He was now shifting his weight from foot to foot. Then, he rushed at Jenna and lifted her in the air, dancing and laughing with joy.

“Yes, really,” Jenna said. “But we still have to find work. We can’t idle our life away just because we have the means.”

Rob finally quieted a bit and put Jenna down. “Why didn’t you tell me this before?”

Smoothing her hair and skirt, Jenna said, “I wanted to but you enjoyed grieving our situation a little too much.”

“Always the jokester, aren’t you!” But he wasn’t mad; he was grinning.

Jenna smiled at him. “Smiling puts you on the right track, always!” she said.


© Copyright 2018 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/940322-Smile