*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/945085-Green---Nov-7th
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1197218
Reflections and ruminations from a modern day Alice - Life is Wonderland
#945085 added November 7, 2018 at 8:57am
Restrictions: None
Green - Nov 7th
30-Day Blog Challenge Nov 7th
Wednesdays are the days I get to pull a prompt from the “Challenge War Chest!” These are prompts that have been suggested by bloggers over the years. Today’s prompt is: The color green. What do you associate with the color green and how does it make you feel?


Green is a color of dichotomy for me. It represents the new, bright growth of new grass and the daffodils that break from the soil in early Spring, their green tips a harbinger of warmer weather to come. It is also the color I associate with greed and envy. Green has a connection to dirty money, to jealous rumblings in the gut and to the creeping excess of the obscenely wealthy.

The color reminds of Kermit the Frog. I grew up watching the Muppet Show and was a huge fan of Kermit's sweet nature and flailing arms. I had a stuffed doll that accompanied me most places in the way some children carry around a security blanket. It is also the signature color of Wicked's famed Elphaba, another character that captured my fascination. I saw the Broadway production of Wicked at the Gershwin in New York City with Idina Menzel playing Elphaba against Kristin Chenoweth's Glinda. Menzel's rendition of "Deflying Gravity" brought me to actual tears.

Green is a problematic color when picking exterior paint for the aircraft we sell. Green, in all its variations, does not have a wide appeal to potential aircraft owners and using it in any scheme tends to translate into an aircraft overstaying it's time in inventory. It makes the list of colors we steer very clear from when designing aircraft paint schemes. Perhaps buyer's subconsciously associate the color green with nausea? We can't sure sure but we play it safe and avoid it.

Overall the color green reminds me of my daughter's eyes. Her eyes are a sea-change shade of green, somewhere between a deep Jade and a smoky gray. There is no relative alive or in recent memory, who has possessed such eyes. My husband and I are convinced that somewhere along one of our bloodlines resides an ancestor who is responsible for those unusual peepers.


© Copyright 2018 MD Maurice (UN: maurice1054 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MD Maurice has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/945085-Green---Nov-7th