*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/946110-Guilty-Pleasure-Foods-and-Memories-of-My-Mother
Rated: 18+ · Book · Spiritual · #2170111
This blog contains responses to blog prompts, & thoughts on spiritual or religious themes
#946110 added November 23, 2018 at 1:27pm
Restrictions: None
Guilty Pleasure Foods and Memories of My Mother
Istiqlál (Independence), 1 Qawl (Speech) 175 B.E. - Friday, November 23, 2018
Feast of Qawl

FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer

Did you know that Americans eat 46 million turkeys each Thanksgiving? *Shock2* What is your guilty pleasure food?

Guilty Pleasure Foods

My mother ascended into the spiritual realm on Thursday, November 29, 2012, one week after Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving 2013, was my first Thanksgiving without Mom. I spent it alone eating all the Thanksgiving foods that Mama liked. I had a turkey drum stick, which I cooked in the Microwave. In addition, I had dressing, which I also fixed in the Microwave, a turkey gravy--out of a can--a can of cranberry sauce, an entire Marie Calender's pumpkin pie, with Cool Whip, and several carafes of coffee. All right, maybe I should have gone to one of the Casino Coffee Shops. In the coffee shop I could have purchased a well balanced Thanksgiving dinner (green salad usually comes with the meal).


One of the things I's grateful for is that Mom and I were able to share her last Thanksgiving together. Thanksgiving 2012 wasn't a big feast. We had turkey, dressing, turkey gravy, cranberry sauce, and pumpkin pie (Marie Calendar's of course). We watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade, which my mother loved. I haven't watched that parade since 2012. I don't watch the Thanksgiving Day parade because, without Mom, the parade isn't as much fun. Mom always loved to watch the floats. Another parade she like to watch was the Rose parade; I haven't watched it in a while either.

Coffee, chocolate, pumpkin pie,
Tacos, and cheese stuffed Jalapeños
These are my guilty pleasure foods.



© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/946110-Guilty-Pleasure-Foods-and-Memories-of-My-Mother