*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/947759-Schaumburg-Again
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#947759 added December 18, 2018 at 8:45pm
Restrictions: None
Schaumburg Again
Date: Week of December 10th


Locale: Schaumburg, Illinois


         Well, nice to be back home again, though I don't think I've ever thought of the Chicago area as home.  The Motorola campus has changed so much in the last 2 years, hard to call this home now.  'Our' campus was sold to developers, only the building we're in (the old Corporate Tower) is the only one left that Motorola Solutions occupies.  The others are slowly being demolished, and who knows what this whole area will look like in five years?


         I am here teaching a 'resident' class, and it's nice to see people I rarely see now.  It's a class I haven't taught in 19 months, but it went well.  Amazing how things come back to you so easily once you've done them a few hundred times.  I have to relearn a few things, and improve my knowledge in others for an upcoming class in Phoenix the last week of January, and the first week of February.  Yep, right in the middle of winter, I get two weeks in Phoenix!  *Smile*


         We also had a Pot Luck Lunch for the whole floor on Thursday; I contributed a Pork Green Chile Stew/Soup that was really very good.  Many people loved it, and I had less to take home than I thought I would.  Like all pot-luck meals, there was more there than you could shake a stick at.  I had fun sampling on my lunch hour, and felt it was a good thing I was teaching, so unable to be upstairs all day munching!


In Closing

         I have the next FOUR weeks to spend at home, and will spend some of my time studying/preparing for those Phoenix classes.  The course I will teach has been changed quite a bit, new equipment added, so there's a lot to learn.  Luckily, they let me bring home three HP switches, and three Cisco routers (the kind of things that make the Internet work!), and 'play' with them getting used to their command line interface, configurations, and how to back up and restore them.  The switch isn't a problem, it's the Cisco stuff I really need to learn.  Til next time, be good to yourselves and those you love, and WRITE!


         Merry Christmas To You All And Those You Love.  May you be truly blessed this holiday season, and every day in the coming years.  My Love to you all.





Jim Dorrell

© Copyright 2018 Sum1's In San Francisco (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1's In San Francisco has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/947759-Schaumburg-Again