*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/949085-Blessed-Mondays--Self-Worth
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1197218
Reflections and ruminations from a modern day Alice - Life is Wonderland
#949085 added January 7, 2019 at 10:26am
Restrictions: None
Blessed Mondays & Self-Worth
"Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise"
DAY 1848--January 7, 2019
Prompt: Psychologists claim that some people feel they don’t deserve to be happy. Why do you think this is and what may be the reason or reasons some people feel this way to undermine their own happiness?


I think the basis of people suffering from those feelings have to do with self-worth. I believe they won't perceive themselves as having value and as such, they don't feel entitled to happiness. I have a brother who has struggled with substance abuse from his early teens. I think his belief that he has little value is behind at least some of his issues with addiction. He was adopted by our family after his mother failed to retain custody of him due to her own problems with alcohol and drug use. I think he has always felt cast off, more like an outsider than a real member of our family. His problems with substance abuse started with the onset of puberty and what I have always believed is improperly diagnosed mental issues that caused him to start self-medicating with drugs and alcohol. He has been on a roller coaster of recovery and relapse for decades. It has left him mostly isolated from all but a few family members. His addiction has fed his insecurity and self-doubt and his life is a painful battle for consistent sobriety. It is very sad to watch someone self-sabotage their life and happiness the way addicts do.



"Blogging Circle of Friends "
DAY 2241: January 7, 2019
Prompt: Pick a title either (1) Happy Monday or (2) Blessed Monday and write about the reason Monday is either happy or blessed.


Monday isn't typically the day of the week I would normally assign the words "happy" or "blessed" too. For one thing, it follows the weekend too closely and almost always comes too quickly. Mondays are often met in our house with a frustrated screaming match with my nine year old who is simply not ready to rise and shine or bounce back into the weekly routine. However, every day I get to live this life with my family is blessed so by default, any Monday could be a "blessed" one, even if it starts with discord and struggle.

© Copyright 2019 MD Maurice (UN: maurice1054 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MD Maurice has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/949085-Blessed-Mondays--Self-Worth