*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/951567-Day-9-Michelle-Malone---Honeysuckle-Lullaby
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2181860
For the Soundtrack of Your Life Challenge
#951567 added February 13, 2019 at 12:59pm
Restrictions: None
Day 9: Michelle Malone - Honeysuckle Lullaby


I would probably still never know Michelle "Moanin'" Malone existed had I not gone to an Indigo Girls concert. While I find their music, and discovered in concert, has wonderful harmonies, it just isn't my thing. So, if my wife ever finds this blog, or whatever it is... all of their songs, and this artist, remind me of her.

I may have been the only straight guy in the small venue, but I've never cared about that. Hell, I was probably the only guy at a Rick James concert who used SPF Irish on the beach. Besides, it was her birthday! So once again, I was kind of out of place, but I've never cared, and my wife was so excited. We were only six rows back, and had arrived early to have a drink and see the opening act.

Enter Michelle Malone. She blew me away. I enjoyed her performance more than the Indigo Girls, and they had a damn fine show! So I bought a couple CDs on the way out, she signed them, and then I dropped them into a digital format to play in may car. This is a beautiful love song, and my favorite line, very close to me is,"You may not see the fruits of your labor, doesn't mean they don't exist."

Oh, and remember, all of this reminds me of my wife! So if she happens across this and sees what reminds me of what, here you go, honey. *Smile*


© Copyright 2019 Mastiff (UN: mastiff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mastiff has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/951567-Day-9-Michelle-Malone---Honeysuckle-Lullaby