*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/958235-Montrose-Colorado
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#958235 added May 4, 2019 at 7:48pm
Restrictions: None
Montrose, Colorado
Date: Week of April 29th


Locale: Montrose, Colorado


         This week finds me in Montrose, Colorado for another class with the Western Area Power Administration.  It's the same class I've delivered in Bismarck, ND, Watertown, SD, and Loveland, Co.  Montrose is in the Southwest area of Colorado, about four hours west-southwest of Denver.


         There's not a lot to Montrose, it's a nice small town.  One of those where if you blink your eyes, you're past it.  The area is beautiful, the town surrounded by mountains in every direction.  The journey getting there was something else.  I woke at 4 am for my 8:15 flight, and left about 5:30 so I could stop at a small restaurant for breakfast.  My first flight was delayed by about 30 minutes, but I had a 2 hour layover at O'Hare, so that wasn't a problem.  The flight to Denver left 'on time', except we sat on the tarmac for 45 minutes.  Luckily, I had a 2.5 hour layover in Denver, so being late wasn't so bad.  It did make for a long day of travel though.  I ended up landing in Montrose at 5:45 or so.  I found the training site first thing, then had dinner.  By the time I checked in the hotel, it was after 7pm!  Needless to say, I wasn't up long.  Then I had to shorten the class from 3 days to 2 for the customer, so the first day went from 7am to 5pm.  Another exhausting day.  The trip home.... we won't go there.  It was longer, if that's possible, and I had to run my 'you know what off' in O'Hare to make my last flight.  But I'm alive and well, and ready for next week.  That's about all I can ask.


In Closing

         I will spend the weekend at home before flying to Santa Fe Monday.  Wish me luck with these flights!  Til next time, be good to yourselves and those you love, and WRITE!




Jim Dorrell

© Copyright 2019 Sum1's In San Francisco (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1's In San Francisco has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/958235-Montrose-Colorado