*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/961352-Atlanta-again
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#961352 added June 22, 2019 at 5:20pm
Restrictions: None
Atlanta, again!
Date: Week of June 17th


Locale: Atlanta, Georgia


         This week finds me in Atlanta delivering a class to Motorola Shop Technicians.  The class is about System Networking as it applies to Motorola Radio Systems.  The students this week are from shops all over the southeast for the most part, though one was from Juneau Alaska, and another from Seattle.


         I hadn't taught this class in almost two years, having last taught it in Sheboygan, Wisconsin in August of 2017.  Thankfully it hadn't changed much in that time, so though I was a little rusty, all went well.  There was one student who wanted to hang with me in the evenings, so we had dinner together each night.  I have to confess that I wasn't all that impressed with his choice of restaurants.  The second one he chose was a Colombian place though, so I knew that would be different.  And it was.  Different, but good all the same.


Noteworthy Restaurants:


         Oyster Bay Seafood Restaurant          https://www.oysterbayseafoodcafe.com/menu  Wow, was their Smoked Fish Dip Yummy!  It was topped with a ring of Jalapenos, and as luck would have it, my student (Mark) couldn't eat hot stuff, so they were all mine.

         Three Blind Mice          http://www.tbmrestaurant.com/dinner-menu/  This place is really a wine bar and restaurant.  It was good, but not as good as Oyster Bay.  *Smile*  I had their special, a Blackened Redfish, and it was excellent.



In Closing

         I am home for the weekend, well one day is all.  Tomorrow I fly to Albuquerque where I grew up!  While I've taught several classes in New Mexico, this is my first time teaching in Albuquerque.  To say I'm looking forward to the week would be an understatement.  Til next time, be good to yourselves and those you love, and WRITE!



Jim Dorrell

© Copyright 2019 Sum1's In San Francisco (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1's In San Francisco has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/961352-Atlanta-again