*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
6
7
8
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/962766-And-the-Wind-Begins-to-Moan
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#962766 added July 17, 2019 at 11:00am
Restrictions: None
And the Wind Begins to Moan
Describe the earliest memory you have.


A signature owl *Fairy3*


Quote from Goodreads: “There comes a time in your life when you have to choose to turn the page, write another book or simply close it. ― Shannon L. Alder

Memories





Barbara Streisand is one of my favorite singers. The song is from the Broadway hit Cats.

I have a lot of memories from before my mother died. But, I couldn't say for sure which one was older than another.

One I always think is fun to revisit is definitely at least 70 years old. I was sleeping in a drawer in a bed room in Pennsylvania. I was warm and they called the Doctor to the house because I wouldn't wake up. I did wake up when he showed up. but kept my eyes closed. I remember listening to him tell my parents there was nothing wrong with me, I was awake with my eyes closed. I was just warm and cozy in the drawer. The same Doctor delivered my third son, treated my children for minor problems, and gave me good life and child raising suggestions.

Later in life, when I told my dad I remembered this, he laughed. He said it was a very cold winter in Pennsylvania and they were visiting his parents at the farm where I now live. That house is gone now. I couldn't have been very big to fit in a drawer.

Still later in life, when I had children of my own, I remember reading magazine articles about the fact that humans have a minor ability to hibernate, which for a human is not true hibernation but a deep kind of sleep. If their body temperature drops too low eventually, it would turn into hypothermia. So, stay warm.

I read a *Books1*written by a famous Jewish lawyer who said his mother has a memory that is extensive. I am happy to read about other people who remember things from long ago because memory is one of the things people like to question me about. When I took psychology the professor was a psychiatrist, who said we all came equipped with very good memories, but many people choose to forget a lot of things.

Can You Hear the Wind? *Wind* Bye for now!








© Copyright 2019 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/962766-And-the-Wind-Begins-to-Moan