*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/970817-Its-a-Serious-Do-or-Die-Year-Coming-Up
Rated: ASR · Book · Biographical · #2144541
Life is a journey - come along for the ride!
#970817 added December 1, 2019 at 6:26pm
Restrictions: None
It's a Serious Do or Die Year Coming Up
Okay, so I am sure you are wondering about the title I gave this blog entry. Let me start out by saying that 2019 has been an absolute EPIC year. My son finally came back home. And yes, the adjustment has been a major struggle, but so well-worth-it! However, 2019 also left me with unmet goals, a depression I haven't been able to shake, and more stress than I'd care to admit. To be honest, I allowed all the crap in 2019 to defeat me and knock me to the ground. I allowed all the b.s. to kick my butt.

My faith has taken a major hit this year, and I'm not really sure why. Yes, I still believe. However, the close relationship I once took joy in every day has become less close. Yes, I admit it - I'm the one who made that happen, but it also didn't happen all at once. I didn't realize it was happening until it had already happened, which left me feeling like a failure.

My writing has been almost non-existent compared to previous years. Again, I take full responsibility for this because I lacked the self-discipline to actually sit down and write every day, whether I felt like it or not.

And as far as those goals I set so many months ago? Yeah, well...I haven't even reached the first one yet.
However, that is also my fault - lack of self-discipline, poor time management and straight up depression have all managed to kick my butt this year.


However, all of that is about to change. I am no longer going to sit on the sidelines as the devil beats me down into depression and fear of what might happen. I am not going to allow myself to lack the self-discipline to reach my goals. I am going to do what God has called me to do, regardless of the cost. 2020 will be my year - my all out year - my year to take my life back!

I have 10 goals set for 2020, and I know that if I apply myself to them, there will be no stopping me. I must reach these goals - and I will. They are the same goals I set for myself for 2019 a few posts back in my blog. However, the determination I have to reach those goals has increased. My faith has returned. My self-confidence has made a comeback, and now, so will I.

So, if you are struggling like I have been, let this be an encouragement to you - YOU CAN DO IT!
Just get your head back in the game, your heart right, and take it one step at a time. And don't be afraid to fall sometimes. Sometimes it's in the fall that we learn something that allows us to get back up - stronger than we were before, more determined than before and ready to face the challenges that will no doubt come our way.

© Copyright 2019 Rhoswen - Relentless Victory (UN: bray2015 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rhoswen - Relentless Victory has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/970817-Its-a-Serious-Do-or-Die-Year-Coming-Up