*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/972085-Snow-and-attitude
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1311011
A terminal for all blogs coming in or going out. A view into my life.
#972085 added December 27, 2019 at 12:10am
Restrictions: None
Snow and attitude
Two blog responses since I can't come up with any brilliant ideas at the moment. I've been focused on my upcoming trips and the details necessary to make them both worthwhile.

So to HikerAngel:

"A long long time ago... I grew up in the Land of Snow.

Still look forward to every First Flake and say good-bye to The Last.

I was never fond of its nasty cousins Sleet and Cold Rain.

Today we had sunshine, perhaps snow tomorrow.

To Joy:

I have difficulty wrapping my head around this [attitude versus action]. My wounds and traumas don't quite allow me to self-examine at times. I just want to scream, "leave me alone".

When I was homeless it was probably attitude that kept me there but also kept me alive. I did survive! My attitude kept me from acting. I felt wounded and frightened and hid in my cave. But... it also helped me survive that cave, that jail-lite that no one wants to recognize for its demeaning nature.

What got me out? Having a case-worker, a therapist, a lawyer, a lawyer's side-kick, and a psychologist help me get "disability". Once I had income (I was practically penniless for over two years) I had the key to set me free.

Mind you, I needed help at first. Kinda like a man kept in a dark hole allowed to go outside. The light can blind. Little-by-little my situation improved and life went back to 'normal'. I then acted to leave that all behind.

But my attitude has shifted because of that experience, as have my actions.

Today: Sunshine. Tomorrow: maybe snow! *Snow1* *Snow2* *Snow3* *Snow4* *Snow5*

Today: Checked on budget for my two trips. Soon: need to transfer money to my debit card.

Everyday: Be thankful because of... or in spite of...
859

© Copyright 2019 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/972085-Snow-and-attitude