*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/975234-Midnight-Souree-----Prose-poem-
by Tinker
Rated: E · Book · Writing · #2152501
Inspired by challenges at Poet's Place Cafe, a forum designed to hone your writing skills.
#975234 added February 11, 2020 at 10:35am
Restrictions: None
Midnight Souree - Prose poem /
I wrote this blog, "February 10, 2020 Midnight Soiree yesterday, recalling a childhood memory. I used this piece as the foundation for my prose poem and my form poem.

Midnight Souree

Way back in a different world, when I was young, my neighborhood had a gaggle of kids who explored our world together. Mom often packed us a lunch.

The cemetery not far from our block became a playground. There was a hill with chiseled tombstones and at the back was a mausoleum under construction. Perfect for spooky and exciting exploration unknown to parents.

On one black Friday night, a game of hide and seek ensued. We ducked and crawled between the graves and hid in empty crypts. No adults present to witness.

Midnight in the graveyard, the flicker of flashlights, thud of running feet, hooping and hollering and soap suds in the grotto waterfall drew the attention of two cop cars with searchlights, scattering us to the wind. Creeping in and out of the shadows, we made it home without consequence. Every one snug in their beds.

I visit when I can, Mom and Dad now reside in the beautifully finished mausoleum. The same place as our gang's midnight soiree.
                                                                                                             ~~Judi Van Gorder

The form poem is a haiku I had already written at the end of the blog.

in the black of night
shivers with nervous giggles
graveyard - hide and seek
                    ~~jvg

Notes:

© Copyright 2020 Tinker (UN: tinker1111 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Tinker has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/975234-Midnight-Souree-----Prose-poem-