*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/978002-Day-13--money-for-nothin
Rated: E · Book · Contest Entry · #2214585
Finally! I've got something to write about besides my self-pity!
#978002 added March 13, 2020 at 2:04pm
Restrictions: None
Day 13- money for nothin
Are you responsible with your money? Is managing your finances easy for you, or challenging? Do you ever splurge and buy something you can’t afford?


I find this topic ties nicely into the subject of patience and delayed gratification.

In a nutshell, yes, I'm pretty good with managing finances in the sense that I'm good at budgeting and allocating a daily allowance for the house to use on whatever everyone with access to the money would like (for right now, that's just me and the hubs, but there will be teenagers involved soon enough).

My husband and I have very individual ways that we derail this budget, however. He's the shopper, I'm the "let's just go out to eat because I'm lazy and uninspired to cook" person. I've never been much of a shopper, I hate it, actually. I'm a pragmatist that way, I don't shop unless I need something, and then I either order it online, or I go somewhere specifically for that one thing.

That said, I have a hard time controlling myself at the grocery store. I don't want to control myself at the grocery store, actually, it's the one and only place I'd like to be able to spend with no list. I don't know why- it just is what it is. Not that I do that, I still keep a budget, but if I've got extra, that's where it goes. That, and going out to eat.

I love going out to dinner- fine dining is one of my few hobbies. It also becomes a source of contention when it comes to the budget. I get mad at the hubs for spending money on s*** he doesn't need (like a limitless supply of shoes, or skateboard gear, or s*** for his garage, or or or or) and he gets mad at me for spending money on going out to eat.

So that's that. I don't like to spend too much time obsessing over money because it's a bottomless pit.

If there's one thing I know, no matter how much you have- there's never enough time or money. So why stress too much over it?


-TPB

© Copyright 2020 trailerpark bodhisattva (UN: lollycrow at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
trailerpark bodhisattva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/978002-Day-13--money-for-nothin